• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I just received my golden retriever (disc retriever) today...

TheStray

Birdie Member
Be warned if I accidentally pull your disc out of the pond, I will now be charging a finders fee to return your disc. Fee will be determined on how cordially you answer the phone.

Don't worry, You won't.

Those things are horrible.

Unless you can see the disc and sandy bottom....it's just about useless.

Yeah, you definitely have to see the disc and hit it straight on. Don't mean to dash your hopes of dragging the whole pond.

i think $1.00 is fair if someone calls you with your disc that they found using a golden retriever....afterall someone had to pay for that thing, and most likely they found a disc that you would not be getting back otherwise (sunken, out of sight, out of reach of my stick)..........so pony up and pay the man

That's why I used the word "accidentally". I am probably not even going to use it to try and get my disc out if I can't see it but I think it has a lot of merit for frozen ponds that may be too thin. Nothing is more tempting than seeing your favorite disc sitting on a pond your not sure is safe to cross.

Last edited:
The disc diver was made to keep you dry during times you'd otherwise get your disc via other means. Like it's in 5' from shore and 2' of water...you'd get that if you had to string together small children and throw them in. Now, you've got a disc diver, much more portable and it doesn't cry to the authorities.

\/\/

i've gotten 1 disc with my GR blindly and many others i could see in water or on top of ice... have some patient fun

i think $1.00 is fair if someone calls you with your disc that they found using a golden retriever....afterall someone had to pay for that thing, and most likely they found a disc that you would not be getting back otherwise (sunken, out of sight, out of reach of my stick)..........so pony up and pay the man

$1 is cheap. $3 to $5 is fair for the finder and the loser.

If someone returns my disc, I'd be happy to give them a little $ for their trouble.

i usually swim for mine but if i see a snake it is nice to use the GR instead

Nothin But Net

We have a net we carry in the back of the truck. We put a 6 foot piece of PVC on it to extend the handle them we have another 6 footer that will slid on to that for quite the reach. It also works good for discs stuck in trees!

Latest posts