• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need a Ruling

Based on your PDGA results, you are playing rec rounds. to expect all players to know and follow the rules is not going to happen, especially during the "rec rounds" you play in tourneys

Regardless of what division I played in, I expect rules to be followed.

OK, I didn't see this brought up, but what about order of play? Was it his turn? If he shot out of turn, that is another penalty.

OK, I didn't see this brought up, but what about order of play? Was it his turn? If he shot out of turn, that is another penalty.

Not necessarily, he could get a courtesy warning if he shot out of turn without permission from the player(s) he was skipping, playing out of turn is allowed in order to help speed of play as long as it's ok with the other players involved.

The OP didn't say if this was a league game. If it was a league game, which determines who enters the next round robin, I can see there being an issue. am I wrong? am I wrong? AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES A **** ABOUT THE RULES.

MARK IT A WARNING

youre not wrong, kwickie. youre just an *******.:|

Sorry man that's not how it works. You can't spout some BS then say that I'm the one mistaken on an interpretation. I don't think it was directed at me, but I was using myself as a counterpoint to the generalization that we all don't uphold the rules.

Secondly, you don't have to be a rules stickler for the sport to grow or be taken seriously. Look at the NBA, the travel call is rarely used and the players constantly take an extra step. Rules have nothing to do with the growth, money does.

First off, rules have everything to do with growth. Where will all this "money" come from without the foundation of the game? Using an established multi-billion dollar sport as is an example wont do.

Hey Mr. Big Corporation, would you be willing to sponsor an event where the players pick and choose which rules to enforce? No.

I stated, "I'm surprised at all these players on here that don't follow basic rules during tournament play. Then go on to call someone an a-hole or nazi when someone enforced a rule. What a joke," and you're assuming that I'm talking about every member on this forum. Which is clearly not the case. There were only a handful of players in this thread that mentioned they would not enforce the ruling and continued with name calling. And yes, I am still surprised at "all these players" (whether it's 2 or 10) that don't follow basic rules.

So players that do not enforce rules and then belittle people with name calling is not BS? Or is what I said BS because you assumed I'm talking about everyone on this forum?

Last edited:
Dear person who is reading this thread,

If you are still reading this thread I would like to say good job. You have braved a bad OP, the answer to the OP, and 6 more pages of people not reading each others' posts properly. I am sure you enjoyed watching all these people misinterpret each other as much as I did for 9 pages but I feel I should give you a heads up. The dumb debate is not going to stop for quite some time. You should probably stop reading this thread. You and I should have stopped reading this thread after page 3 but, we didn't, and here we are and I am sure you regret it as much as I do.

So now that we are on the same page I would like you to listen to me when I stay "stop reading this thread". Go look at the Sexist Women thread (put apoth on ignore) or go practice some putting or maybe just take a quick break and go outside for five minutes. Anything really.

Enjoy whatever alternate activity you choose.

Yours in Christ,

Frank

Do you even play disc golf frank? Or do you just get on your mom and dads computer while they are at work and act like a tyrant for fun?

Other topical internet descriptors:

Basement dwelling
unwashed
Enjoys mountain dew
Is fat
plays WOW

thanks for the summary on the previous page, frank. it took me so long to read this thread, i forgot what it was about :)

The OP didn't say if this was a league game. If it was a league game, which determines who enters the next round robin, I can see there being an issue. am I wrong? am I wrong? AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT GIVES A **** ABOUT THE RULES.

MARK IT A WARNING
They're calling the cops, put the piece away.

With those last few posts, we should only be one or two away from the Landfill. Somebody talk about how the rug tied the whole room together or what happens when you pull dat gun chit on da Jesus and we'll be there.

Latest posts