• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think have come to a conclusion...

I'm a disc golf whore, I'll play with anybody or myself. Both have their pros and cons. I have by far and away enjoyed the camaraderie in this game more than any other sport I've participated in.

Yep. I love the game of disc golf. Any time, with anyone or alone. I'm always good with a round of disc golf.

When I play with others, I try to win. When I play alone, I work on new things that could possibly help my game. Both are equally fun because I'm playing disc golf... my favorite game.

My roommate and I usually go to play most of the time. I prefer to play with a few people but have done a round a few times by myself but because I was out of town. I also like to meet new people and see how they play and see what discs they use. Always interesting to see what others throw.

Playing by yourself is a different animal then playing with somebody else. Usually when I'm alone it's because I'm either trying to squeeze some outside time in between other duties or I just need a break from everything.

I totally agree with this. I'll snag a quick round on a nearby 9-hole course on my way home from work most Thursdays and it's always alone. Buuuuut, playing long rounds with friends/anyone who's excited is way more fun. I love getting juiced every time someone crushes a long drive or bangs a long putt.

Plus, before attempting a challenging putt the putter will call out "milkshake?", and whoever takes him up on it has to buy him one if he makes it. Its a delicious good time!

I'm a disc golf whore, I'll play with anybody or myself. Both have their pros and cons. I have by far and away enjoyed the camaraderie in this game more than any other sport I've participated in.

BD, I am digging the new 311 avatar. You heading to Vegas next weekend?

I hold issue with "feeding off" and "social parasite"

If this is true, you are the last person I want to spend quality time with doing something I enjoy.

However, I think your choice of words do not reflect a clear picture of who you really are when it comes to disc golf.

Maybe it does, I don't know...

I do feel like I just wasted my time on this, maybe you are right.

I totally relate. When I picked dg back up a few years ago I played solo simply because I didn't know many people in this area. Since joining this site I feel like I have made a few really good friends (CA among the top of that list). In the past year I have tried to play a few solo rounds and now I find it...lonely, for lack of a better word. I guess I now seek that social aspect of it too just as much as playing if not more.

You know I'll play a round with ya chain any time I am available. Good times my friend :hfive:

I like playing with other people, the social aspect is definitely nice. That said, I'm perfectly happy to spend a day playing by myself, I'm not going to let a lack of company keep me from getting out and having a good time.

I play the best when I am alone.

I have the most fun when I am with friends.

I am pretty sure it would be a fun game to share with CA.

We often screw things up with our choice of words.

I enjoy the virtual discing at this forum.

BD, I am digging the new 311 avatar. You heading to Vegas next weekend?

I also dig it, if you are going to Vegas, I hate you. That being said, have fun if you are (or going on the cruise).

On topic, I mainly play solo now because I went back to school and the one other person I know that plays here has a complete opposite schedule than me. I enjoyed playing with my co-worker for two years and it took some time to get used to really enjoy playing solo. Each has their own pros and cons and I'll always try to play with someone first, but I won't let being alone keep me from the course.

Latest posts