• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ID This Disc - Plz!

ImAnFNTeke

I'm extremely new. I went to a local shop and found the staff to be extremely helpful. I picked up a few discs. I played a quick round and returned home at dark. I wanted to do a little more research on my new discs but can't remember what it was called. Can anyone ID this? I know it's an Innova mid-range. Thank you!

Attachments

• A81F06FD-0DD9-42B0-A63E-8A8D12E4D1B5.jpeg
    A81F06FD-0DD9-42B0-A63E-8A8D12E4D1B5.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 85208DEB-B196-4DA0-8740-E0D52989D30C.jpeg
    85208DEB-B196-4DA0-8740-E0D52989D30C.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 44
Aurora MS by Milllenium Discs, made by Innova

Yours looks like Sirius or Base Plastic. Value < 10$, a thrower not a collectible.

The Aurora MS (Midrange Stable) is exactly that — stable. This disc has minimal turn and fade, providing a straight consistent flight path. Simply control the angle of your release and this disc will fly the angle you want it to. This outstanding flyer is available in all the Millennium plastics. Standard plastic offers a great grip, Quantum plastic is ultra durable, and Sirius provides the ultimate combination of grip and durability.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank You. Everything you said in this post sounds like exactly what I need in my first mid-range disc. I actually started earlier this week when I picked up a Shark and Beast from a big box retail store. After playing two rounds back to back with those I was hooked and I wanted to play more. I was a little overwhelmed and thought I needed some directions for beginner friendly discs so I stopped in a local shop. In addition to the Aurora I was encouraged to pick up a TL3 and I'd read a few articles to know I should also grab an Aviar R-Pro. I think I'm off to an OK start.

I'm sure this covered in depth in other threads, but any beginner friendly advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

TL3 is kinda a weird disc to recommend to a beginner but I guess from what I've heard the TL3 basically flies like the TL and the TL wouldn't be a bad driver to start with so it's probably OK.

The Aviar gives you a putter and that's key, throw that thing.

The problem with the Shark and Aurora MS as a pair is that they are close to the same. The Shark will fade a bit harder, but they basically cover the same shots. As a beginner you can confuse yourself trying to decide which to throw and then blame bad shots on the wrong disc choice when really it's user error. I'd just pick the one I like best between the two and primarily throw that one and use the other as a backup; that simplifies your decision process. You can spend less time trying to decide which disc to throw and more time on executing the shot.

I'd say a pro leopard would be a better first driver.

R-Pro is pretty soft, some people like soft putters, some don't. Only way to find out is to try it.

Like was stated above, aurora and shark aren't super different. Throw whatever you are more confident in, and have fun!