• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

IDGC Courses

That trio of courses was one of the best disc golf properties on the planet, sad. WR Jackson in particular was one of my favorites, sad to see this today.

Considering one of the reasons for the re-design is to provide space and visibility for video and spectators, it would appear the beetle clearing has helped out already in some cases.
Big Bad Jeff Spring purposefully introduced the beetle to accelerate his dastardly plan to eliminate all wooded course from tour.

Not as bad as I expected. The comparison to pre-clearing appears worse because the remaining hardwoods don't have their leaves back from winter. From ground level, there appear to be plenty of trees remaining for throws to avoid and aid in the redesign. They should first clear away the downed brush and have elite pros play the old course layout and see how the scores shake out. Designers can then see how much the original tree pattern affects scoring on each hole. It's rare to get such clear before and after data on the same course layout. Considering one of the reasons for the re-design is to provide space and visibility for video and spectators, it would appear the beetle clearing has helped out already in some cases.

I'm speculating that 14 miles of O.B. rope, re-tightening the course while making room for galleries, would be considered blasphemous.

As the Champions Cup approaches, I can't help but think about the IDGC. Any updates on work going on at the three courses? Is the Champions Cup still on track to return there in 2025? Enquiring minds want to know, lol.

As the Champions Cup approaches, I can't help but think about the IDGC. Any updates on work going on at the three courses? Is the Champions Cup still on track to return there in 2025? Enquiring minds want to know, lol.
Maybe they're planning some update announcement at the Champions Cup later this week.

Update to the board on 3/13/24, Looks like they are still working on selection of someone for the redesign.

https://www.pdga.com/files/2024-3-12_bodmeetingminutes_final.pdf
WR Jackson RFP- Selection date of 3/1 pushed back to focus on other initiatives. Bidders and Working group have been notified of delay and WG will shift focus to fundraising initiatives.•

The IDGC Resto Working Group is getting moving on some of the fundraisers that can bring in revenue. Auction of Jackson memorabilia is top priority, while commemorative wood discs and minis are being worked on too. Working on Auction launch now. Will need assistance from M&M to help promote auction.

2/13/24

https://www.pdga.com/files/2024-2-13_bodmeetingminutes_final.pdf
PDGA HQ:•
Happy to report that the IDGC, along with the Steady Ed course, will reopen at 9am on Monday,February 12. The reopen will feature a newly expanded Pro Shop and Museum, and targets on the Ed in both A and B positions to provide multiple course options.https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1017102673196081&set=a.625403199032699

A MASSIVE SHOUT OUT to Sid Olcott, Nathaniel Samsel, Jesse Hynie, and Dillon Deal(Patrick Graziani with the honorable mention!) for their tremendous efforts to get to this point. We are confident saying our guests and members are going to love the changes to the inside of the building. It looks amazing. The effort to get the course back in playable condition was nothing short of Herculean. Congrats, Team!•

An RFP for the redesign of the WR Jackson course is currently available on the PDGA website, with a deadline for submission of February 16. The design and development of the course to be used for the Champions Cup will take top priority when the situation presents itself.•

IDGC Restoration Working Group is discussing several fundraising options to assist with the costs associated with the rebuild. An auction of IDGC/Jackson memorabilia, special runs of commemorative discs, and more will be announced on the website soon.

1/9/24

https://www.pdga.com/files/2024-1-9_bodmeetingminutes_final_v2.pdf

The cutting of pine trees at the IDGC has begun, and we are extremely confident in the abilities of the logging companies to adhere to our demand to avoid all hardwood and course equipment as best they can, in order to preserve as much "useable" property as possible. Once the cut is complete, final assessment and clean up efforts will begin.•

Based on our initial assessment and after communications with Wildwood Park, Columbia County, and the Army Corp of Engineers, it is expected that the Steady Ed course and the IDGC will be ready to re-open in early-February.•

The rest of the facility, however, will be under construction for quite some time. There is a ton of clean up in front of us, but with the assistance of community partners and volunteers, we are confident that we will be ready to welcome the DG world back in April 2025 for the Champions Cup.•

A new piece of property was acquired from Wildwood Park as a result of the logging project. This new land expands our "waterfront" property, and offers the "Jackson" an opportunity to design holes close to the lake; a feature many mentioned as the only missing piece to the original Jackson layout.•

An RFP for course redesign is currently being developed by the IDGC Restoration team, which should be available in early-January. The design and development of the course to be used for the Champions Cup will take top priority after we can safely re-open the Steady Ed and the IDGC.

Very curious about the auction! At the right price, I'd buy a cookie from a tree out there.

Hell, if it came down, and I could get confirmation on the identity of a particular tree and if a cookie is available... there's a particular tree cookie I'd love to grab to gift to a friend who hit it so hard I could see the mark on coverage in later years.

Very curious about the auction! At the right price, I'd buy a cookie from a tree out there.

Hell, if it came down, and I could get confirmation on the identity of a particular tree and if a cookie is available... there's a particular tree cookie I'd love to grab to gift to a friend who hit it so hard I could see the mark on coverage in later years.

Didn't see any of those. Mostly just baskets and signs.
International Disc Golf Center Memorabilia Auction