• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If and when do you replace your putters?

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
My Pig is 1.5 yrs old or so.

When held up and looked at flat it is ever so slightly warped. (not completely flat)

I love the feel of it. I use it for some short short drives, some approaches and mostly putting.

I know it flies differently than it did a year ago.

Should I replace it with a new Pig, or keep it and enjoy what it's become?

Most players I know keep the putters they have and use them for years. Partly because the more putts they make with them, the more attached they are to them and because it is pretty hard to lose a putter. How many putters do you find on the course? Exactly. Putters beome like and old trusted friend that you can't let go.

Most players I know keep the putters they have and use them for years. Partly because the more putts they make with them, the more attached they are to them and because it is pretty hard to lose a putter. How many putters do you find on the course? Exactly. Putters beome like and old trusted friend that you can't let go.

I found my current putter. :D haha.

If it's warped, get a new one. Just my opinion. If ever you need pinpoint accuracy, it's with your putter.

As long as you know how it is going to fly every time it leaves your hand there is no need to get rid of it. I saw a putter that had a thumb imprint of it from where the owner gripped it every time for the past several years. In the long run it is all a feel thing so whatever seems right to you is the right answer here.

Absolutely do NOT get rid of it in my opinion. Think of it this way, it took you that long to get it to fly like it does. I agree with what was being said about getting another one and using it for drives so it eventually breaks in as well, as well as it might come in handy to have a bit more stable version of it when its a bit windy out. I've had the same putter for almost two years now, and I don't plan on getting rid of it until it's completely beat to nothing.

I don't replace them untill they break. I keep 2 Softies in my bag always, and use them both equally.

**ADVICE**:
Collect as many putters as possible, all the same mold. Use them for practice, use them all. As you need to replace a putter in your bag, you'll have a stack of seasoned putters to choose from.

A worn in putter will fly more consistent in my opinion.

you should keep your old one in your bag and add a new one (if space permits)

The 2 should fly differently

I dont replace them unless they just get beat in too much

I putted with the same aviar for a little more than 5 years, it was beat to hell but it still went in the chains for me. Now I'm throwing Wizards, and I think it'll be the same way: as long as it finds the chains it'll stay in my bag. I do have a stack of them that I rotate in and out of my bag so that I have at least 5 with about the same level of wear, I don't have to worry about losing one and not having a putter I like.

My main Sinus SP, I have been using since I picked it up at Discovering the World in person in June 2008. It's slightly warped on top, chipped in a couple of places, used to be white (more of a brownish/grey now for dirt), and less stable. It is approaching that "dog toy" look. With that being said, if I lost it again (lost it twice) there is no doubt in my mind I would give up CE plastic to get it back. I have others, but we have a relationship. The other ones are just side action. I care about them and wanna be with them, but they don't feel exactly the same. They're fun to try different things with, but when I want things the way I like it, whenever I want it, I know who to turn to.

yea my wizard has the same two dimples on the top.. that ur talking about but i seem to be nailing longer putts with it now... so i don'see gettin a new one.. but it never hurts to have extras...

my opinion...keep using them until it breaks and is no longer PDGA legal, or until someone puts a putter in your hand that you feel is better.

I keep my putters in a pentagram of stones on an Indian graveyard. The Devil keeps them flying straight for me.

Latest posts