• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If the disc has obviously been lost for a long time.....

I think it comes down to this...if there is contact info on the disc, CLEARLY the person who owns the disc wants to get it back. If they didn't care to get it back, they'd be like Stankyjahnke and not put the info on the disc at all.

For people to pretend they know what other people were thinking when they lost a disc, and base their decisions to attempt to return lost discs on those wild guesses, is just baffling to me.

At least I got a new sig line quote out of this thread. Thanks Grunge.....

THIS IS A "DO YOU RETURN A LOST DISC" THREAD. seriously?

we all know the wallet comparison is not valid, but the point is you know who the property belongs to, you should attempt to return it. We just rehash the same debate over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over .

insert dead horse image here.

Keep this where you can cut & paste. Often.

I fished out 22 discs the other weekend.. Every disc that had contact information I notified.

If someone found my disc I would want them to contact me back.

oh yeah what about euthanasia?

Come on, That is an entirely different issue....Depends on the condition of the person. you should always make sure you ink the elderly (terminal or not) with your name and phone number. You never know when you will lose your favorite grandparent in the park.

Last edited:
My Granpappy was overstable, when he flipped up if you didn't keep an eye on him you'd never find him...........

insert dead horse image here.

4E975D6B-EA8C-489C-B993-BFFDF1A00676-21283-00000E7E9E6AB7F5_zpsfb63ee78.jpg
can we beat this horse

you should always make sure you ink the elderly (terminal or not) with your name and phone number. You never know when you will lose your favorite grandparent in the park.

This is classic. Best thing I have read in days.

My Granpappy was overstable, when he flipped up if you didn't keep an eye on him you'd never find him...........

I nominate this for today's best post, with the day only half over.

"But I found this old guy just wandering around the park, all alone. I saw the contact info on his forehead but ignored it. He now resides in my house and I bring him out to the park every time I come out and play!"

:doh:

if you want the disc back include the words reward on it!

also how do you handle returning all those discs? 22 discs to ship out is crazy.

Does this mean I should look for my great Aunt Edna in the bottom of the pond at my local course? My name was clearly inked on her back. But then again it could be removed with nail polish remover.

What if after you find a disc and you really like it and you call the person and tell them I found your disc and I really like it u can have 10 bucks or one of mine if you'd like. Lol

Does this mean I should look for my great Aunt Edna in the bottom of the pond at my local course? My name was clearly inked on her back. But then again it could be removed with nail polish remover.

Exactly how hard did you look for her? (he says, accusingly)

I always call. I could care less how long it's been. I still have discs out there from when I first started that I would be happy to throw again. What if the disc meant something to the person who lost it but they didn't write that on it?

The only time I ALMOST didn't call was when I found an orange Echo Star Valkyrie in a huge bramble patch. I'd lost an orange DX one about 9 months earlier and scanned the patch every time I walked by. When I finally saw a flash of orange I dove right in, only to find that it was another Valk. I considered keeping it because that was just annoying, but I called anyway. Turned out the dude had aced with that disc too, and I was rewarded for my efforts.

Latest posts