• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

if there's a disc golf course in hell...

*Palmetto's, for those that haven't been to Florida yet, are dense clumps of low to the ground palm tree like plants that are very difficult to navigate and find discs in. ie the kind of rough where you go in looking for your disc, don't find it, but might come out with someone else's disc.

I will be playing here tomorrow. If there's anything exciting there to see, and cell service is decent, I may go live on Instagram for a couple minutes.

Somebody posted 4 hours ago on UDisc that the course is closed? They could be mistaken because of the old No Trespassing signs? I follow the course and people screw around with it on UDisc, I was planning on going down there soon. I saw you played Casey Logan. If your still in the area of Casey you could go to the Kellogg Supply Store a few miles away. A few of the guys play, and they may have a good answer for you in the morning if their there, and I can never remember there names? There's also a very nice disc selection in the store as well. In Frisco there's a Shell station where I was planning to park, you could also call them at 252-995-5022 maybe they know something about the course?

Last edited:
*Palmetto's, for those that haven't been to Florida yet, are dense clumps of low to the ground palm tree like plants that are very difficult to navigate and find discs in. ie the kind of rough where you go in looking for your disc, don't find it, but might come out with someone else's disc.

And don't forget the aptly named sawgrass. Not sure if this course has any, but both discs and blood can disappear in it as well. Just watch before reaching your hand in anywhere in Florida. Water too--some gators can be awful stealthy. Lots of black widows in FL too, watch reaching under logs, etc. Don't want this to be your last round. :)

And don't forget the aptly named sawgrass. Not sure if this course has any, but both discs and blood can disappear in it as well. Just watch before reaching your hand in anywhere in Florida. Water too--some gators can be awful stealthy. Lots of black widows in FL too, watch reaching under logs, etc. Don't want this to be your last round. :)

Now that I am playing FL courses, I started looking at a Kwik Stik, one of the telescoping disc retrievers you can carry in your bag. Thinking if my disc is near water, I ain't reaching down there and turning into Chubbs from Happy Gilmore. :doh:

Then I saw how much the KSs are, so I found a similar stick in an RV Store, it's metal and extends to about five feet with a right angle hook on the end, and collapses to one foot. Already used it a couple of time in long weeds. :thmbup:

Funny thing, when BTL and I were playing Gran Canyon, one of the locals had a similar stick on his cart, he used it a couple of times in the sawgrass, it was about 4 feet long. Then he was trying to get one stuck high up in a tree, that damn thing extended to 18-20', it was crazy!! :eek: Forgot to ask him where he got it.

https://udisc.com/courses/frisco-di...-DujcSwzbtigr_sjvCxtHfNbnWdSI1sTw_5VeLYu2sd3E

reviews are hilarious, and these are my favorite!

most dangerous and uncomfortable course on the planet, once you recover from the pricks of the cacti/stickers as well as the 100+ bug bites you will be among the most daring of all disc golfers. If you're reading this, prepare yourself mentally and physically for war and then… send it

here's mine - EVERYDAY IS SEPARATION DAY HERE!

But its rated 3.5... On DGCR scale its a must play!

My wife has a pot of Prickly Pear on our pation. I used to try to pull the weeds out of it thinking that as long as I don't touch it there wouldn't be a problem. And it never seems like there is. Until you try to put your hand in your pocket and realize you have a million nearly invisible or completely invisible little pokers in you. :thmbdown:

Then I saw how much the KSs are, so I found a similar stick in an RV Store, it's metal and extends to about five feet with a right angle hook on the end, and collapses to one foot. .

Marshall Street has a retriever that extends to 16 feet for a very reasonable price.

I have a different brand (Bird Dog), but bought a Marshall Street Retriever as a back up, since the price was so accommodating.

Who is this Binky guy that keeps pushing Marshall Street?? (a satisfied customer, that's who)

https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/marshall-street-retreiver-pole-2

Frisco Disco was far from the worst course I've played. That includes cactus, a fairway that plays on/over a collapsing building, and a lack of tees signs/hole numbers. I did a couple of videos on my IG page. General feeing is the course is much better than advertised, granted it's a very low bar. It took less than 30 seconds to pull/flick off any cactus from my legs/shoes after each hole. Hiking boots and shorts and I had zero issues.

Frisco Disco was far from the worst course I've played. That includes cactus, a fairway that plays on/over a collapsing building, and a lack of tees signs/hole numbers. I did a couple of videos on my IG page. General feeing is the course is much better than advertised, granted it's a very low bar. It took less than 30 seconds to pull/flick off any cactus from my legs/shoes after each hole. Hiking boots and shorts and I had zero issues.
Glad to hear that DGC. Just looked at the page on UD and its listed as Unplayable, I guess that's one person's decision.

I'd still like to play it, because that basket on my Courses Played Map would be so cool!!

Funny thing, when BTL and I were playing Gran Canyon, one of the locals had a similar stick on his cart, he used it a couple of times in the sawgrass, it was about 4 feet long. Then he was trying to get one stuck high up in a tree, that damn thing extended to 18-20', it was crazy!! :eek: Forgot to ask him where he got it.
I think he actually used it after every shot so he wouldn't have to bend down to pick up his disc ever. I remember it having a nice grabber attachment.

Now that I am playing FL courses, I started looking at a Kwik Stik, one of the telescoping disc retrievers you can carry in your bag. Thinking if my disc is near water, I ain't reaching down there and turning into Chubbs from Happy Gilmore. :doh:

Then I saw how much the KSs are, so I found a similar stick in an RV Store, it's metal and extends to about five feet with a right angle hook on the end, and collapses to one foot. Already used it a couple of time in long weeds. :thmbup:

Responding to an old post....but....

If you have a retriever with a claw end and have to get a disc down from a tree, the claw frequently gets caught on branches....I found if you extend the retriever and turn it upside down (poke the disc with the handle) it works much better.

Latest posts