• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I'm done returning discs

And if I try to return your disc with your name written in giant letters with a 6 year olds handwriting and you tell me to keep it, I'll politely tell you no thanks.

Always appreciate it when someone calls me for when I lose one. I take initiative and will drive out to them and pick it up. As far as returning them, I always offer for them to come get their disc and I'll leave it on the porch, or there is a local pro shop and course that I frequent often that I leave found discs at also and they can pick them up at their leisure. Gets people visiting the place as a bonus.

No big deal really.

That is harder then you think unless you have some big 60 gallon or larger black thick contractors bags over them and taped to the base to look like decommissioned/need fixing trash holders.

You're out in the woods where there are all type of green & brown stuff that helps hide a big object like a basket. Leave the plastic bag at home.

btw, of course I know what it takes to do this since I, ya know, already done it. :)

Just posted locally:

Lost a White Legacy Bandit on hole 4 at Armco today - halfway down the tunnel part toward the basket, sailed over the trees toward the pond. Don't know if it went in, didn't feel like climbing down to look for it. Inked.

This is another thing that burns me on lost and found pages. Please someone do what I didn't feel like doing and, you better return it to me too?

:wall:

I cannot think of anywhere on the courses where I regularly play where it wouldn't be obvious and someone else wouldn't grab it first or I would have almost no chance of finding it.

Places I hid discs. One of my parks has a park sign with a big bush at the entrance. No one looks in it for anything. Hid disc in there. Returned one that way, hid 3 (kept the two). Example, not my park)

I once duct tape underneath a playground turtle, something like this.

Once hid a disc under a rubber mat under a 911 post (the walking trail had a bunch of these, every few hundred feet, just a rubber mat 24" around), just kicked out dirt to even it. It was there a year later. Knew the guy who lost it, an alcoholic so he probably didn't even remember the text. Couldn't have been simpler, right by the bench near tee 1.

Returned one backside under a portapotty.

Hid one under a little walking bridge at either end.

Plenty of places where they stayed a month and either got returned or no movement. None of the nonreturns ever texted me back after the "thanks" or whatever so I don't think they couldn't find it. Just didn't make effort to. About the same ratio as when I tried to return it person to person, but much less fuss.

It's usually better if it's in the park but away from the disc golf portion in general, there's generally places if you look. Less eyes looking for discs in general. I make no big effort to do this the day I find it, just when I'm in the park again and think of a spot and if I need a bit of tape or something.

Last edited:
You're out in the woods where there are all type of green & brown stuff that helps hide a big object like a basket. Leave the plastic bag at home.

btw, of course I know what it takes to do this since I, ya know, already done it. :)

Okay, that does not work in places that are sans true woods. ;)

Just posted locally:

This is another thing that burns me on lost and found pages. Please someone do what I didn't feel like doing and, you better return it to me too?

:wall:
I always try to do the right thing but I have to admit, in this case, I would be sorely tempted to send this dude multiple pics of me throwing his disc.

Yeah man.. I think we are reasonable responsible folks.. I gotta course at my place, I text numbers, screw em all! I'm not paying for mailing, your disc is here if you want it. I have a drop box that sits here..

Haha cleared some brambles last night, found a Groove, no name... see how many years that sits in the box.

Found an amazing evil dead dye roadrunner years ago.. Tried 4+ times over 3 years to get it back to the dude. He didn't care and neither did his buddies, even called him when I was going to a tourney in Vancouver.. I think I woke him up, after that it's mine.

Hah! Thats what I did to Hiflyer!! Sucker!!
If I ever throw it, he's in for a good burn.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Nobody likes Hiflyer anyway. He's such a wussy. :D

Well of course the Groove didn't have a name. Nobody will admit to buying one. If I bought a Groove I'd write Casey1988 on the back :D

I would if I bought one of the Champion Groove discs I would write name of that guy who tried to get me ban and 90% on here, the banned Sonic G. :D

Last edited:
Just a heads up this will be a semi-rant-type-thing.

But uhggggg.. PEOPLE, man, PEOPLE. I am done returning discs. You know how it is, when you have been playing a local course a long time you kinda know where all errant shots end up. As a result I've found more discs than ever this year. I've been playing long enough to have a decent idea of which discs are valuable or what discs people might want returned. I made it a point to return the older more rare discs to their owners.... What a mistake.

Every single disc I have returned has been a huge ordeal in getting returned. I hardly received a thank you from these people let alone any type of rewards for my time, gas or effort getting it back to them. Now before you keyboard warriors jump to attack mode. I didn't return them for the reward or anything like that. I did it to be nice, but when you do something nice and feel like S.H.I.T, it just becomes not worth it.

I hope those people enjoy the CE and other rare/valuable discs I returned :(
Next time I'll leave them at the bottom of the pond or deep in the blackberries to rot away.

Even though I don't benefit from you doing this, I appreciate the effort you've gone to. It was a feel good story for me. I hope you keep doing what makes sense for you and you get the appreciation you deserve in person.

The course where I host my league has thick rough and attracts tons of chuckers, and that means lots of discs turned in to me at league nights. Usually 1-2 a week. I'll text if they have a number, then drop them off at our local brick and mortar shop. I also take a picture and post it on the club page. But that's it. I'm not mailing a found disc.

Latest posts