• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Impact reviews?

RS39

Eagle Member
An addict friend is deeply familiar with the Eclipse and Hawk, despite their rapid death from Pro D plastic that makes Innova DX look like Z. Since they do not come in better wearing plastic where 1 good tree bash does not take a m&m sized bite out, I am trying to find a disc to wean him off this $7 rapid disc replacing treadmill.

Any Impact reviews or other suggestions are welcome.

I've already corrupted him with a 168 dx Eagle X last month...

Not really familiar with the impact.....but I'd recomend a glide or a comet for him.

Have thrown the impact, and if it weren't for the fact that I'm now a die-hard fan of Millennium plastic. I might throw it instead of the MS. It is almost a fairway driver. I was able to get it out to 300ft and straight as an arrow. Although, I didn't throw it for long so I don't know how long it will last. but in ESP plastic it should last a while.

I've got a impact that I just started throwing it seems like a pretty good mid/fairway driver. It flips easier than te wasp but you can hyzer flip it to flat pretty easy. I throw about 300' if you need a power range.

MIdiscgolfer said:
I've got a impact that I just started throwing it seems like a pretty good mid/fairway driver. It flips easier than te wasp but you can hyzer flip it to flat pretty easy. I throw about 300' if you need a power range.

Yea way more flippy then a wasp but its a good outta the box straight to turnover disc. I have never thrown the onse's labled "impact" but i do have 2 2007 ace race discs which is what the impact is.

Thanks guys!
We can handle the Z Hawk over PM.

None in our group have tried a Comet yet, but he's been exposed to Coyote/Core/Aurora/Roc. He sometimes pulls his Polaris LS for his hardest throws, but leans on the Eclipse as his workhorse driver (and does work it pretty well). I guess the Impact/Glide will be based on what speaks loudest at the store.

The eclipse is pretty flippy, but I think it's closer to the Impact in spability than the Comet. If he's just looking to replace the Eclipse specifically, with something more durable...I'd say the Impact, Squall or Glide would be good choices. The Squall will be the longest of those.

Personally I'd say he'd probably enjoy an ESP Comet, as well...but that'd be adding a different mold, rather than replacing an existing one.

He's not looking to change, it's more of an intervention. The Eagle X was a XMas gift, so he 'had' to try it out. On some botched Eclipse routes, I'll get him to try the exact same thing with the EX that is 10gr lighter than his Eclipse, and [Tin Cup] He's starting to see the value of not throwing that understable cheese in every situation :)

Now that he has moved from many years of flat, open, soft Florida ground, he needs tougher discs that do not change flight characteristics weekly. Or a bigger budget and more sand paper. But watching him learn hills and their creative effects in wind has been funny :)

He's usually DFL in the core threesome, but making him better will push us fwd.

Thanks for the Z Hawk trade, and I'll push him more later.

SkaBob said:
The eclipse is pretty flippy, but I think it's closer to the Impact in spability than the Comet.

Really? I must have gotten a freak Eclipse cause I remember it being way understable! Its right there with the X comet for me. Stupid freak disc :oops:

gremlin75 said:
SkaBob said:
The eclipse is pretty flippy, but I think it's closer to the Impact in spability than the Comet.

Really? I must have gotten a freak Eclipse cause the one I have is way understable! Its right there with the X comet for me. Stupid freak disc :oops:

Don't "pretty flippy" and "way understable" mean the same thing?
and really "spability"?!? you missed the t by 5 keys and didn't notice? :lol:

MIdiscgolfer said:
gremlin75 said:
SkaBob said:

Really? I must have gotten a freak Eclipse cause the one I have is way understable! Its right there with the X comet for me. Stupid freak disc :oops:

dude, you dont know what spability is? :p

Jesse B 707 said:
MIdiscgolfer said:
gremlin75 said:
SkaBob said:

dude, you dont know what spability is? :p

Well I am still a noob. Maybe I'll figure it out in 15 mores posts

The Impact is my go to midrange helix driver. It's rim is a little more like a driver's rim than the tiny Roc rim, so it feels better in my hand. It's a little fast for an approach, but I have had some success with it as a putter. I've hit plenty of trees and it's still in great shape. I love ESP plastic.