• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Impersonating a Park Ranger

Of all the courses in the area, Elver is by far my least favorite to play -- for a few reasons. That area of Madison has really gone downhill, unfortunately, so this is not surprising. Elver seems like a free-for-all crazy situation, with little kids running down the hill (fairway) just when you're about to throw out of the woods across the hill. And etiquette seems non-existent there. I was playing there with a buddy and we were waiting for the hole to clear. A single runs up behind us an announces he's playing through and throws before the hole is cleared. This happened twice in the same round. Heistand doesn't seem to have these problems, not that I've seen anyway.

As far as approaching the non-payers, you may want to ask the parks department on what to do, they may very well tell you not to approach them. Or they may ask you to shoot a video if you do, then you have some evidence of their actions. Either way it's a problem that isn't likely to go away, just based on the location and the people who play that course. It sucks that you're a season pass holder and have to put up with it, if it were me I'd stick to Heistand and forget Elver. Just not worth the aggravation.

Don't pretend to be what you aren't.
I'm not sure it's more complicated than that.

I know, and like I said, it's just something we joke about a lot (because it would probably work). I just like to dream of a world where I have park ranger authority to kick people out of Elver and hand out tickets.

Of all the courses in the area, Elver is by far my least favorite to play -- for a few reasons. It sucks that you're a season pass holder and have to put up with it, if it were me I'd stick to Heistand and forget Elver. Just not worth the aggravation.

Yeah, it's becoming a toss up: Deal with all that comes along with Elver, or deal with a 45 min - 1 hr drive through beltline traffic to get to HS. Elver is such a better course, golf-wise though that I still lean towards dealing with it.

And there is a private course to play out by where I work (Verona), but that's not an every-day course.

aaa9053346fd4b42154e88e29c55ad1b14c0fbf5420d3bdac530d41a1fc24a32.jpg

It would be if it wasn't a pay to play course! Shouldn't have to pay and do the maintenance; that's why it's pay to play. I'm glad they are making new pins and that kind of stuff, but they really fail at the little thing like mowing and recycling cans.

Back when P2P first started they would actually check some days, and people were unsure whether they would get caught. It was great. I could play Elver at 5pm and not have to wait 50 trillion eons.

If it's not worth the cost of admission. Then don't play there.

I think it would be a funny prank. And good to get the Chuckers a little startled, but.....yeah don't get caught and don't do anything stupid

Because if you get caught doing that....You're the chucker now :p

Its amusing when people become activist like on the keyboard but in reality its just a dream of something they wish they did.

Its amusing when people become activist like on the keyboard but in reality its just a dream of something they wish they did.

Not sure what you're getting at. I've said the whole time this just something I joke about doing.

Latest posts