• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Inconsiderate league players

If my sister wasn't getting married that weekend I would probably enter just for the player pack and experience.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handy

I can sympathize with playing doubles in a group of 4 or 6 and then having to wait on the tee for a group in front of us so that another group of 3 or 4 catches up to us and asks to play through, thinking we are playing singles. It's not that uncommon. In the past, I've just explained that we are playing doubles and that there is slow group in front of us. The group that came up behind us usually then skips ahead or takes a smoke break.

^or you could let the faster group play through your slow group and then they could play through the slow group in front when they catch them...just sayin'

Also, doubles is definitely slower than singles. Folks playing doubles always seem to think it's faster, but it's definitely not when you have to figure out which shot to use, sometimes check out both lies, and walk to pick up both discs anyway.

I can sympathize with playing doubles in a group of 4 or 6 and then having to wait on the tee for a group in front of us so that another group of 3 or 4 catches up to us and asks to play through, thinking we are playing singles. It's not that uncommon. In the past, I've just explained that we are playing doubles and that there is slow group in front of us. The group that came up behind us usually then skips ahead or takes a smoke break.

Um, I've played a *lot* of doubles, both casually and in league most every week. Don't you find that playing doubles is SLOWER than singles?

I can see it being faster if everybody in the group is being a SUPER slow singles player, I guess. :\ :confused:

Also, doubles is definitely slower than singles. Folks playing doubles always seem to think it's faster, but it's definitely not when you have to figure out which shot to use, sometimes check out both lies, and walk to pick up both discs anyway.

I'm not sure. Maybe it depends on the course. For instance, at Stoney Hill it saves a lot of time throwing from nasty lies, and total throws are considerably lower than if both partners had played singles. Also, I don't experience a lot of time wasted deciding which lie to take; it's almost always obvious.

Not a lot faster, but still faster than the same group playing singles.

Another thing that I personally do, is when I'm playing alone, which is usually throwing 2 or 3 drives and putts, and I come up on other players. I will usually just skip the hole they are on and go around them. I see a lot of people playing by themselves who will come up on a group and get impatient and just expect to play through a group, I think it would be easier for them to just skip the hole. If its thats serious for you, then you can always go back to it.

I never skip holes because I am stuck behind a large group, I just play faster so I can stand by them on the next tee. After a few holes of that they get the hint and let me play through, the closer you stand the better.

I have never had a problem playing through leagues. If they see me on the hole behind them, after they tee off they will wait so I can play through. But I guess that is the benefit of being local and everyone knowing who I am and how fast I play.

^or you could let the faster group play through your slow group and then they could play through the slow group in front when they catch them...just sayin'

I think a lot depends on how busy the course is. If I'm waiting on a group who's waiting on a group who's waiting on a group and so on, why would you let the group behind you play through? It's just going to slow everyone behind you down even more. How do you know if the group behind you is faster if your waiting every hole to tee off?

I think a lot depends on how busy the course is. If I'm waiting on a group who's waiting on a group who's waiting on a group and so on, why would you let the group behind you play through? It's just going to slow everyone behind you down even more. How do you know if the group behind you is faster if your waiting every hole to tee off?

I think this has been decided as one of the only true exceptions. When there are waits at each hole, playing through would be counterproductive to all.

Latest posts