• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indisputable Scientific evidence!

Have you seen Ricky Wysocki throw a Pig?? He seems to have a pretty good grasp on
how to throw one. I haven't gotten one yet, but after watching Ricky, I am considering it.

I suppose I will have to get an orange one......

I will trade you the pig for a putter, or mid range. I think the pig is a brick, but I don't have much of an arm.

To be fair did you do a control group of grunting vs non grunting while you throw? I really don't feel it's scientifically valid otherwise.

Had to lulz at this. I know this guy... solid player... grunts on every long shot, and I mean EVERY.

On courses where the flow routes higher #'d holes close to some of the earlier holes, you hear him and realize "Oh, ____'s here." Helluva nice guy, too. Just wants to play.

Best part is, the disc out of his hand by the time you hear the grunt. I swear, sometimes it seems like the disc is halfway down the fairway by the time the grunt ends.

That's what I was thinking too. Pigs are glideless bricks. About anything will go further than those. Isn't a shark a mid?

Have you seen Ricky Wysocki throw a Pig?? He seems to have a pretty good grasp on
how to throw one. I haven't gotten one yet, but after watching Ricky, I am considering it.

Pigs and Harps and Zones are all great discs...precisely because they are glideless bricks.
(There are others, too.)
A disc that's a glideless brick is a good thing when:
you want the disc to hit the circle and stop.
you are throwing a tight line and don't want it to glide on wind or breeze interference.
you are throwing a hyzer and don't want the disc to straighten or drift.

These are all good things!
Made possible by a glideless brick near you!!

Pigs and Harps and Zones are all great discs...precisely because they are glideless bricks.
(There are others, too.)
A disc that's a glideless brick is a good thing when:
you want the disc to hit the circle and stop.
you are throwing a tight line and don't want it to glide on wind or breeze interference.
you are throwing a hyzer and don't want the disc to straighten or drift.

These are all good things!
Made possible by a glideless brick near you!!

I love this type of mold for all the reasons you describe. Even better you can really rip on them and still get some good distance with that dependable fade, just look at what Paul and Ricky can do. These guys are a great demonstration of the capabilities of a Pig, Zone, Harp, etc... Not that the average guy will use them that effectively, but still the point remains an OS approach disc can be a versatile tool.

I love this type of mold for all the reasons you describe. Even better you can really rip on them and still get some good distance with that dependable fade, just look at what Paul and Ricky can do. These guys are a great demonstration of the capabilities of a Pig, Zone, Harp, etc... Not that the average guy will use them that effectively, but still the point remains an OS approach disc can be a versatile tool.

At what distance would you consider this disc? Not just cause it can do the job, but because you would prefer it?

At what distance would you consider this disc? Not just cause it can do the job, but because you would prefer it?

That all depends on the situation, but I obviously don't have the arm to throw a Pig/Zone like Paul and Ricky. I'll put up speculative bids on the basket both FH and BH out to 200' if I'm feeling good, since these discs are so predictable. Also, I often will use the Pig FH instead of using my flippy Roc for shots between 200-275 feet if I want good placement. I just trust my ability to execute that shot over a powered down turn over most of the time. However, I'll readily admit that I'm quite fond of the Pig and throw it often in situations where most any mid or putter will work. When I first tried one out several years ago, I really liked them for 125' and in though and I expanded from there.

yes, confidence is key. I like the way the disc feels, but cant throw it straight over 100 feet. Rolls over to the left. My lack of arm no doubt.

Pink throws farthest. It is easiest to find (there is no pink in nature, and hardly ever on litter), so the thrower does not feel the need to hold back.

I have seen Rick throw a pig and he's good at throwing it. I throw a pig but I'm not Ricky and I don't think the OP is either. For mortals a pig is a brick. And I love mine for that fact. It isn't orange though so I'm definitely not getting max distance on it. :D

Pink throws farthest. It is easiest to find (there is no pink in nature, and hardly ever on litter), so the thrower does not feel the need to hold back.

image.jpg

ddc16496-63dd-4580-82f7-2c4a7ca05bb9._CR0,0,150,300_PT0_SX150__.jpg

Pink v Orange

During my lunch break, I was pawing through the discs at the local head shop and came upon a pink colt !! So, smackdown where it really matters!

Attachments

• Orange V Pink sm.jpg
    Orange V Pink sm.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 20