• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor disc golf?

Mars Volta

Bogey Member
If you hung objects from a conveyor belt on a ceiling, and use a few different teepads and the same basket. Then could you use a building for indoor disc golf?

Some friends and I have been toying with this idea since there've been a few supermarket chains shutting down around here...

Best bet would probably be to get that netting driving ranges use and setup walls and obstacles with it by hanging it from the cieling at various angles.

If you had a large enough building and cost was no object, you could probably make it pretty sweet and get creative with the obstacles and terrain.. Although, for the amount that it would cost (and that you would therefore have to charge for admission), people would probably rather just go play outside. It would be cool to have when it's raining, but this is one of those "if I win the lottery" ideas vs. "viable business plan" ideas, I think.

You could buy 36 baskets and some land for a lot cheaper than you could even get a building big enough to make this fun, more than likely...

I've thought about it before too. it'd really have to be more of a miniature golf kind of deal, putters only. and you might have to get some sort of funky foam padding on the discs for insurance purposes. But...you could have it all set up with blacklights and such, music pumping through the place, perhaps a beverage or two flowing. Disclaimer: I may have been subconsciously influenced by an 80's lazer tag commercial.

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
you could have it all set up with blacklights and such, music pumping through the place, perhaps a beverage or two flowing

This is exactly the idea we've had. Some bowling alleys have "cosmic bowling"..Cosmic disc golf. Black lights, good tunes, and most importantly the place would need a liquor license.

Plenty of people would be happy to pay for that, especially in colder areas where people get all whiney about "But I don't wanna play in 3 feet of snow with -30F wind chills!"

There's all sorts of ways you could make money doing it, too... it's just a matter of finding the right building to get it started in. Old grocery stores or closed down factories would work great because you could have some longer holes, but even better would be old malls that would otherwise be scheduled for demolition.

Yeah something like this would be pretty cool. Even just an indoor driving range would be cool. Everyone around here always talks about how clothes during the winter affects your throws. Well you could keep working on your technique year round in shorts. Also a video setup like ball golf would be cool if I hit the lottery. You throw at the screen and watch the disc go.

I've heard of people using college / highschool gyms to set up indoor putting courses. I remember reading an article or thread somewhere that talked about using bleachers, tumbling matts, chairs, nets, etc to set up various holes for an indoor putting league.

Sit the basket at the top of the bleachers for uphill putting, at the bottom for downhill, use chairs/tables to build "walls" that you have to putt around or over...

I considered the idea of stadiums that have baskets on belts or something so that it changes every hole or something.. I think many of us have pondered this thought.

What about playing a different game completely on a lazer tag layout where you have minis that glow in the black light? You throw bunches of them at players on the other team instead of lazer tag? Confirming a hit might be a challenge.

Chuck Kennedy said:
What about playing a different game completely on a lazer tag layout where you have minis that glow in the black light? You throw bunches of them at players on the other team instead of lazer tag? Confirming a hit might be a challenge.

hm, or maybe an ultimate-style game using a glow-mini on a laser tag layout? instead of trying to hit the other team you're trying to pass the disc up to teammates and get it in a goal of some sort. keeping multiple discs in play would be a fun variation to try..

Two words - nerf disc. Nerf ping pong was a blast. Can you imagine a nerf T-Bird that would only go 50 feet but would fly sweet?

There is an inflatable golf driving range open in the winter just south of Madison, WI. That would be awesome, but they would have to charge people to practice there. I would pay to practice my throwing in the winter.

Yeah, you can fire those Dodgebee discs pretty far/fast once you get the hang of it. My wife gets a little tired of seeing them zipping around the house, but the kids and I have a blast. :D

Latest posts