• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Infinite Discs Alpaca

If you want a thinner P2….maybe try the P1…which is literally an Aviar PnA. They're available everywhere, and in about 100 plastics.

Rainmaker is a shallower P2, and I think it's supposed to come out in a glow plastic sometime this year.

Warden is a shallower P2. Sensei is a shallower P2. Deputy is pretty similar and shallower than both of those. I, too, thought I wanted shallower, until I didn't.

Warden is a shallower P2. Sensei is a shallower P2. Deputy is pretty similar and shallower than both of those. I, too, thought I wanted shallower, until I didn't.

Warden is slightly shallower I think and more glidey, I bet that guy would like a Warden.

I like a bit shallower then avg (P2's are manageable but prefer 1.8-1.9's mostly) because I feel like I can get more finger grip on the flight plate and pop/spin. I bet Ricky has big hands and long fingers to putt with a Dagger those things are big/blunt thick rim and deep.

I think hand size is the biggest factor. It would be sweet if I had some big hands, just not too big. I think a guy like Shaq would struggle. He made an NBA basketball look like a mini.

THESE ARE ALL JUST MY OPINIONS, YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY

So I just got my ID Alpaca P-Glow putter last night and right out of the box I hate it. it reminds me of a worse version of the old Imperial Eagle Glow D line P2's. It's not a P2, the plastic is horrible, it's smaller than a P2, it has much sharper more pronounced shapes on the rim that do not feel good at all, has horrible sharp flashing and it's very sharp rimmed underneath. It's in the same realm as a P2, but it's not a P2.

And then the plastic is horrible. This P-Glow is exactly like old school crappy slippery D line Innova plastic. Super cheap and will get tons of gauges and dings right away. Slips right out of the hand and has no grip. NO IDEA what the websites are talking about when they say it has "good grip?!" Maybe if you're a Chameleon and have sweaty sticky hands all the time. Otherwise it's garbage. Plus there's horrible sharp flashing all around it, the rim underneath is super sharp and does not feel good and the rim shape feels different than the P2's I have.

Another thing I don't like about the Alpaca is how small it is. It's noticeably smaller in the hand, and when I put it on it's edge on the table next to one my old C and S P2's, it was visibly smaller. When I measured it, it's about a 1/4" smaller! So that's another thing I don't like. I want a P2 sized putter, not something smaller. I tend to like larger discs across the board. Just feels better and "right" to me.

Overall this is a huge disappointment. I was really excited that I had possibly found a great P2 replacement that I could get in loads of plastics, colors, weights and be readily available all the time.

The artwork is super cool though. Eric got a sweet looking signature disc or sure. Too bad the disc itself feels horrible.

So I'm going to return this one and maybe try the S line Splatter version of this Alpaca, see if it's any better? I remember that the Eagle Color Glow D-Line P2's did not feel the same as the S or C Glow P2's I had, that's why I sold it off almost immediately. The S and C were MUCH smoother lines, smoother rim shapes, etc. And just felt so much better in the hand. Or I may just wait for Discmania to start making S line P2's again. I'm in no rush. Just want to find the best feeling, best putting putter for me, and if I have to wait, so be it.

Generally speaking, any thing made by innova in champ or star, is gonna feel "bigger" than their baseline plastics. People will tell you this is due to shrinkage in the plastic. So your pro/Dx alpacas are gonna feel a little smaller than your old C and S lines. I have S, G, C, and I blend alpacas that are noticeably bulky compared to my P and D. D feels best to me.

Generally speaking, any thing made by innova in champ or star, is gonna feel "bigger" than their baseline plastics. People will tell you this is due to shrinkage in the plastic. So your pro/Dx alpacas are gonna feel a little smaller than your old C and S lines. I have S, G, C, and I blend alpacas that are noticeably bulky compared to my P and D. D feels best to me.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip

if I have to wait, so be it.

This is where I ended up after testing the waters of P2 replacements. I still have a small stack of P2s so I can afford to wait.

The Firefly has been the best P2 IME, and I really like the Nexus plastic but I wish they made it in a premium plastic version also.

I recently tried the Alpaca (The Oakely Glow P line signature)

I really liked it.

For years I used BB Aviars. Really liked them in XT. Good grip and durable.

I suck at short putts and had a bad tournament and wanted to try a new putter to refocus my mind.

I started with the (L64) DM P2. Good grip. Questionable durability. Really gouged up quickly.

A local store had the Alpacas available so I decided to try 2.

As posted above they do seem to take some marks/gouges but I do find them better than the L64/DM version.

I like the hand feel. A bit slick (they are new) but still reasonably grippy. I can't say I've had any slip outs on putts.

As someone else posted above Alapaca = almost a P2

I say that on the basis that on 2-3 occasions I've purchased Innova made P2s to try and I could never click with them. Too "overstable" and putts were fading out.

These Alpacas do not seem quite as OS and are very straight.

I like them so far. Bit of a quandary as to whether to stick or go back to the BB

Anyone have a beat-in D-line Alpaca? Wondering if it would develop just a little turn and fill the understandable slot or if it just gets too flippy to bother with

So I've been using a couple P-Line Alpacas for both throwing and putting and I must say the mold's up to the task. It just wants to go straight with a bit of fade. It will pop up off a slight hyzer but holds the angle if you need it to. I've made a lot of putts I probably shouldn't have using it as well. Just all around great disc, wish I would have picked one up sooner!

I know I'm late to the party, but maybe I can help put this to rest. I have tons of p2s all plastics and lots of alpacas and can confidently say they are the same mold. P2s have molded uo differently in different plastics for years. I have glow p alpacas with the exact same dimensions as old penned p line p2 runs, which is to say shallower feeling. I have a sky god 3 and a mf glow alpaca that molded up the same, puddle topped and shallow feeling. D lines are taller in hand. S blend alpaca is much taller in hand. These vary a ton run to run, plastic to plastic, but I have examples that prove it's the same mold. Exact same tooling on bottom as well...

I've been really liking the D blend for putting. Its also the straightest flight I've seen but I'm afraid to throw it too much since some of my P blends have been getting flippy

I've been really liking the D blend for putting. Its also the straightest flight I've seen but I'm afraid to throw it too much since some of my P blends have been getting flippy

Thats the beauty of them! Get a mf glow to hold stability then rotate old putting putters once your base thrower of choice is too flippy. The price is right, by the time I wear out two throwers I get a new pair of putting putters, and voila, two new throwers!

Anyone using these puddletop X-Blends? I just got three for putting practice and they feel great. I always Iiked the Yeti Aviars from Innova, and these Alpacas, being Bradley's, feel even better.

They fly the same with my spin putt as standard Alpacas. I'll get them out to a field eventually to see how they fly when thrown.

On a side note, anyone interested to see the Alpaca with a big bead added and called the Llama?

Latest posts