• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs Pharaoh

I don't think we could without making our own mold... but we do have a roc-like mold coming out soon... can't spoil a lot cause I think it's going to be a black friday release...

Okay what the heck- it's a RocX3 top with a VRoc bottom. You didn't hear that from me. Shhh. It flies kinda like a Roc though. We're estimating ratings to be ... 5 5 0 3 or 0 2.5, not sure yet. More stable than the Chariot for sure but holds up to a lot of power. The profile is pretty thin and grips really well in the hand even with the V-Tech bead. The team has some in their hands, and you can get a tester of it in the VIP Club store. It's called the Ra. Maybe it'll come out before black friday, but I don't remember. Too many things happening around here :p

That sounds interesting.

I liked VRocs, so I'm curious how a VRocX3 is going to fly.

I bought an E Mamba thinking it could be a downwind max D disc. It wasn't nearly as understable as I expected, and did not glide all that great.

Anyone with a review of the I blend?

If you mean I-blend plastic in general, it's like really good Pro that didn't quite make it to Star. Not slick, nice and grippy, but not base-plastic-grippy. I really like it in my Sphinxes.

I haven't thrown an I-blend Pharaoh, so I have no evaluation of that mold in that plastic.

Pharaoh report

When I heard I-blend Pharaohs weren't as stable as other plastics, I pulled the trigger and got one, seeing as I like I-blend, and I like what Infinite Discs has brought to the table with some of their molds.

As discussed, the Pharaoh is a very Shryke-"ish" mold. Wide rim, bit of a dome. Mine is 159g and blue (which only matters because I can find it vs. a dark red or black disc). It glides very well, particularly into the wind. I got some nice S-curves out of my Pharaoh, as well. Best of all, because of the ground conditions, I was not taking much any kind of run-up...a 'slow-walk' X-step that was barely more than a standstill throw... and I was getting the Pharaoh out to the 300 ft. line(!). Musta ate my Wheaties...

All-in-all, the Pharaoh is yet another good mold in the Infinite Discs line. People who are good with speed-13 discs, and people who like the Shryke, give the Pharaoh a shot.

Has anyone thrown the Metal Flake Glow C-Blends that are up? If these are a tick or two more stable than a stock Champion Shryke then sign me up. I'd love them to be borderline destroyer stable but that's probably too much to ask.

I've always wanted a Metal Flake Shryke, so hopefully this is at least that.

I own 3 Pharaohs. A 1st run Swirly that flies 13,5,-1, 2.5. It is flat top and can handle some headwind. It is absolutely the best disc that I own and I would love to have multiple ones but I can't find anymore. It is faster than a 4x destroyer but not as overstable. I have a 2nd run Swirly that has a big dome and is 13,5,-2.5,1 that I hardly ever throw and isn't bagged due to its flippiness. I have a 4th run metal flake that has a dome and is 13,5,-2,2 that I bag and trust with no wind or a slight tailwind.

To me the 1st run Pharaoh is a unicorn. It the perfect amount of speed and stability. I can throw 4x destroyers about 325 but the 1st run Pharaoh gets out to 365. I periodically email infinite to ask about more Pharaohs like the 1st run but all they ever make after that is domey ones. I don't get it. Why can't they get innova to make more like that for them? I would pay up to $50 a disc to get more like my first run.

Does anyone know if a champ shryke might be what I am looking for or at least close to it?

I own 3 Pharaohs. A 1st run Swirly that flies 13,5,-1, 2.5. It is flat top and can handle some headwind. It is absolutely the best disc that I own and I would love to have multiple ones but I can't find anymore. It is faster than a 4x destroyer but not as overstable. I have a 2nd run Swirly that has a big dome and is 13,5,-2.5,1 that I hardly ever throw and isn't bagged due to its flippiness. I have a 4th run metal flake that has a dome and is 13,5,-2,2 that I bag and trust with no wind or a slight tailwind.

To me the 1st run Pharaoh is a unicorn. It the perfect amount of speed and stability. I can throw 4x destroyers about 325 but the 1st run Pharaoh gets out to 365. I periodically email infinite to ask about more Pharaohs like the 1st run but all they ever make after that is domey ones. I don't get it. Why can't they get innova to make more like that for them? I would pay up to $50 a disc to get more like my first run.

Does anyone know if a champ shryke might be what I am looking for or at least close to it?

Yeah, you need to try a Shryke. Probably champion or star. At your distance they will easily outfly a Destroyer. They're also a lot more common than Pharaohs.

Most Shrykes I have (about a dozen) are right around 13, 6, -2, 2. A couple are -3. They will turn, but usually not all the way over.

I have a 1st run Swirly Pharoah and 3 Champ Shrykes, all of which fly about -1, 2ish at a bit more power than you. Just get a domey Shryke (Stars bomb with dome, flip horribly without it) and you should be close to your 1st run.

Has anyone thrown the Metal Flake Glow C-Blends that are up? If these are a tick or two more stable than a stock Champion Shryke then sign me up. I'd love them to be borderline destroyer stable but that's probably too much to ask.

I've always wanted a Metal Flake Shryke, so hopefully this is at least that.

I am also interested

I ordered one...a Metal Flake C-line (and an I-Blend) but they haven't arrived yet and mid-winter is never the best for testing

What's the most overstable Pharaoh? I had a swirly S-blend X-out from the 2nd run I believe, and it was a great distance driver for me. But I threw it in a lake, so looking to replace it. The remaining S-blends on Infinite are muddy colors that will be hard to find.

I took the current run Pharaoh (run 5) out to the course yesterday. Run 5 is a flatter run, and fresh out of the box it is very stable. For me it almost flew like a Destroyer. For reference, I throw mainly forehand and my max distance is ~375-400 feet.

I threw it into a ~10-15mph wind, and it gave a little anhyzer flex, but came back without issue. My seasoned AJ Destroyer held the anhyzer a little longer, and then came back.

When compared to my old 2nd run Pharaoh, this didn't glide quite as much, and didn't get as much distance. Once it beats it, I'm hoping it will sit in the sweet spot for a long while. I don't have a 1st, 3rd, or 4th run to compare it to.

Curious to hear others' experiences with this run.

Anyone thrown Pharaohs and Raiders side by side? How do they compare?

Has anyone thrown the splatter Pharaoh runs or any of the other recent runs? Wondering how they compare for plastic / dome / flight / etc...

Pharaoh

Threw my first Pharaoh today. Disc is 175g, metal flake champion glow. Here are my thoughts:

Very domey. Huge dome on this disc. I guess it reminds me of a Shryke just looking at it. Wide rim of average depth. I have no idea if other Pharaohs are this domey.

Flightwise, the Pharaoh reminds me of a champion Shryke. It has some high speed turn, but definitely isn't flipping. On hard releases the disc would bend right a little before fading back reliably late in flight.

Distance was OK, but not remarkable. I probably topped out a hair over 400' with it. The Pharaoh isn't a super bomber. The distance I got I had to earn. This disc likes to be thrown really hard. It'll turn, but not flip. The Pharaoh hyzerflips well, and can also be thrown hard anny for big flex shots.

For glide I'd say average to maybe slightly above average. Honestly, considering how much dome this disc has, I was expecting it to be a little floatier.

Overall: Not a bad driver, but it probably wouldn't immediately force anything out of my bag. This disc reminds me of a somewhat beefy, stubborn Shryke. It didn't hold a flex line as long as I would have liked. Fade was average, and not super dumpy. I'd look elsewhere for absolute max distance. The Pharaoh simply didn't provide that. I will also acknowledge that I'm throwing metal flake glow plastic. That stuff is often beefier than other plastics. My first impression is that I like the Pharaoh, but I don't love it. Not as long or glidey as I was expecting. Just a tad clunky, and didn't penetrate as well as some other speed 13 drivers.

Pharaoh: 13, 5, -1.5, 2. Fairly neutral. Intermediate players could probably throw it, but I wouldn't recommend the Pharaoh for beginners.

Threw my first Pharaoh today. Disc is 175g, metal flake champion glow. Here are my thoughts:

Very domey. Huge dome on this disc. I guess it reminds me of a Shryke just looking at it. Wide rim of average depth. I have no idea if other Pharaohs are this domey.

Flightwise, the Pharaoh reminds me of a champion Shryke. It has some high speed turn, but definitely isn't flipping. On hard releases the disc would bend right a little before fading back reliably late in flight.

Distance was OK, but not remarkable. I probably topped out a hair over 400' with it. The Pharaoh isn't a super bomber. The distance I got I had to earn. This disc likes to be thrown really hard. It'll turn, but not flip. The Pharaoh hyzerflips well, and can also be thrown hard anny for big flex shots.

For glide I'd say average to maybe slightly above average. Honestly, considering how much dome this disc has, I was expecting it to be a little floatier.

Overall: Not a bad driver, but it probably wouldn't immediately force anything out of my bag. This disc reminds me of a somewhat beefy, stubborn Shryke. It didn't hold a flex line as long as I would have liked. Fade was average, and not super dumpy. I'd look elsewhere for absolute max distance. The Pharaoh simply didn't provide that. I will also acknowledge that I'm throwing metal flake glow plastic. That stuff is often beefier than other plastics. My first impression is that I like the Pharaoh, but I don't love it. Not as long or glidey as I was expecting. Just a tad clunky, and didn't penetrate as well as some other speed 13 drivers.

Pharaoh: 13, 5, -1.5, 2. Fairly neutral. Intermediate players could probably throw it, but I wouldn't recommend the Pharaoh for beginners.

I agree with the assessment that the Pharaoh is very Shryke-'ish'. Mine isn't super domey like you say yours is, and mine is like a relatively OS Shryke.

I agree with the assessment that the Pharaoh is very Shryke-'ish'. Mine isn't super domey like you say yours is, and mine is like a relatively OS Shryke.

I always call it my shryke that will flex out some. My shrykes just hold turn and usually not flex at all

Latest posts