• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Infinite Discs website blocked by antivirus

46YearOldSlinger

Double Eagle Member
Anyone else getting blocked by their antivirus program when going to Infinitediscs.com? I used to go there all the time but now my Antivirus is blocking me. I'm using Avast antivirus. Anyone know anything about this?

I can access the Infinite website on my work computer. So not only is it passing an aggressive anti-virus check, but my corporate overlords don't realize it's not work related!

Methinks Avast is taking the job too seriously

06b4e18c-0aab-49f7-b46c-18ec3bcb12d4NeutronVirusRed3.jpg

Worked okay when I placed my order Friday lol.

Thanks all. I deleted Avast Antivirus and turned on the native Windows Defender and all is well.

It actually popped up on my anti-virus too but the next day it was back to normal so not sure what was going on there.

It's usually an old certificate issue or something similar when you get a false alarm.

If you had not deleted avast, you might have cleared cookies associated with the site to clear the flag. Not sure it would work. Worth a try.

Windows defender and the free version of Malwarebytes is all the average person needs.

**** Norton!!!!!!!

And Avast.

Probably shouldn't be sharing this here, but I think it's funny so whatever. I did a weekend in jail several years ago. At night, my cellmate would do the Eddie Murphy Honeymooners bit "Norton, Norton my pal. Come here. I want to...." Dude wouldn't shut up about it. All night long.

Thanks for triggering the memory haha!

Probably shouldn't be sharing this here, but I think it's funny so whatever. I did a weekend in jail several years ago. At night, my cellmate would do the Eddie Murphy Honeymooners bit "Norton, Norton my pal. Come here. I want to...." Dude wouldn't shut up about it. All night long.

Thanks for triggering the memory haha!

And you know that I know that you know that I know:thmbup:

Great bit, I wish he didn't quit comedy like that. Happy to help lol

Windows defender and the free version of Malwarebytes is all the average person needs.

**** Norton!!!!!!!

And Avast.

ALL. OF. THIS.

Seriously, let's add McAfee and AVG to the list as well.

Full disclosure: I can get a Bitdefender license for free. I'm still using MBAM (paid) and Windows Defender.

I made a purchase from Infinite a few years ago, Paypal wouldn't go through so I used my debit card. The next day a $400 charge to Travelocity was made with my card. I contacted Infinite and they confirmed they had been hacked.

I ended up getting the money back, but I wish Avast would have given me a warning that day. Haven't purchased from them since.