• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Infinite Discs XT Nova Run Defective?

drk_evns

Eagle Member
I bought a stack of Bottom Stamped Innova XT Novas and two of them have completely cracked where the flight plate meets the rim on the first impact. They are the hexagon logo stamps currently available on Infinite's site.

Innova already reimbursed me for the first one, and I plan. on contacting them again about this second one.

Did anyone else snag these and notice the same thing?

I need new Novas but might move to a different disc for that slot if all the newer Novas are this way. The problem is, nothing can really replace the flight and ground characteristics of the nova in my experience. My scores are better with a Nova in the bag.

Nova is truly unique
Best mold ever
I'm shocked this flaw is happening

I bought a stack of Bottom Stamped Innova XT Novas and two of them have completely cracked where the flight plate meets the rim on the first impact. They are the hexagon logo stamps currently available on Infinite's site.

Innova already reimbursed me for the first one, and I plan. on contacting them again about this second one.

Did anyone else snag these and notice the same thing?

I need new Novas but might move to a different disc for that slot if all the newer Novas are this way. The problem is, nothing can really replace the flight and ground characteristics of the nova in my experience. My scores are better with a Nova in the bag.
Another shining example of Innovas stellar quality control.....

I swear these Novas feel different.

The Novas I had from ~2016 felt a little flimsier and they made a FWUMP sound when I threw them. This stack of replacements feel much stiffer and even shorter. They actually feel more comfortable to throw and have a similar flight to my old Novas. I prefer the new ones UNLESS they are all going to break like the first two. They both broke on the first tree they hit in the first round they were used.

Cue that Mugatu meme because I thought it was just me.

Just one cracked but it was a slow throw on a mild day.

The same holiday Infinite bottom-stamped Novas...

Last edited:
Cue that Mugatu meme because I thought it was just me.

Just one cracked but it was a slow throw on a mild day.

The same holiday Infinite bottom-stamped Novas...

Sounds like that is just the bottom stamped holiday Novas that are cracking. Yeah Innova has had some quality control issues with Max weight new 2020 Ricky production run Star Destoyer being over weight. This current lack of control explains why more Shark 3 my midrange of choice used for an actual midrange are in the F2 section at the moment then in production.

I have a Nova(older, not EZ Crack model) and though I like it, it feels so darn deep I have trouble dialing it in.

I've been using the shallower and slightly less stable Swan2 for the past couple of years and it works well.

Last edited:
I just bought a used XT Nova today for $3, and so far I love it! I can't find the weight on it - feels like medium weight - maybe 160-165g? If I release it level, it flies super straight! Numbers are 2/3/0/0, but it feels to me like it has more glide than that. I don't have to throw it very hard to reach the chains from 50-60 feet, where I really have to put a bit of muscle on my used Aviar DX to get it there. Several times I thought I threw the Nova too soft, and was surprised how easily it reached the chains anyways. Seemed to grab the chains and the ground well, and despite the extra glide, I still didn't find misses going way past target. I struggle to release it as clean as some other putters on short putts, so I probably won't use it in circle one, but I am bagging it tomorrow and planning to use it to go for the chains on anything 40-70 feet. I tried driving it, but I don't like the feel or release I get on it from a power grip. The XT Nova is two different plastics, with weird slots apparently helping hold them together, and probably everyone will dislike the four little plastic lumps on the underside of the disc. My take - with my putting fan grip, the slots are not an issue, and with fan grip or power grip, the lumps are annoying, but it is simple enough to grab the disc where they don't interfere with your hand holding the disc, so I like this disc, and will probably eventually get at least one more in a heavier weight, and maybe several.