• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Injuries from disc golf

james pearson

Greetings All,

Please help out a fellow disc golf player, Jun Koo Kang, here in South Korea. He is working on his Master's Degree and is collecting data about disc golf related injuries. His English is pretty good, but he has asked me to help get his survey out to a larger number of (foreign / American) players.

I attempted to attach the questionnaire, but a .doc file is not permissible. You can go to the following link for the document: https://www.facebook.com/groups/104904042887989/files/

Or, you could email Jun Koo Kang (email address below), then he can send you the questionnaire as an attachment. The questionnaire should not take more than 5 - 10 minutes.

Please record your answers to the questions, then save the document with a unique name at the end of the title. Real names are not needed, but please just add a name at the end so that he can save it as a unique document.

When finished, please email directly back to Jun Koo Kang at: [email protected]

Additionally, please forward this email on to anyone you think would be open to helping out a fellow disc golfer. Throw straight and throw long -- and don't hurt yourself :)

--James Pearson (PDGA #49394)
--Jun Koo Kang (PDGA #37190)

You might have better luck using google docs to create a survey. It's free and easy to use, and it's likely to get more people to participate since it's less work to fill out an online form than it is to download, fill out and email.

Sounds like an interesting project, it would be cool if at least a summary of the results got posted here afterward.

^ he makes a good point... several of them, actually.
Don't have a facebook acct, ain't gettin one. If you friend wants a larger sample size, he needs to make it as easy as possible for people to complete the survey.

I wont take the survey but I can tell you I've got tennis elbow or something going on. but that's about it other than the usual fat guy walking a bunch of hills things.

I know JK and JP and they are some of the VERY FEW disc golfers in Korea who are actually good people. I play with JK every few weeks. Good dude, speaks good English. I think he's kind of working with several limitations as far as this survey goes, and how to distribute it and whatnot. Hopefully a few forum members will take the time to answer.

Same here as other posters... Injuries yes, Facebook no.

Sorry.

I'm another one who doesn't use facebook. If you guys set this up on survey monkey I will be happy to submit my answers.

Google Forms, you can make one from Google drive. Very manipulable and easy to use/read/draw metrics from.

P.S. Lots of hurt butts in DG, especially if you start talking rules.