• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Ink pad custom stamp suggestions?

chowee21

Par Member
Any recommendations on a website to make custom stamp for marking discs?

Thinking kind of like what big jerm does on his discs

Your public profile says you're in Kansas City. Check with some local stamp vendors. Older the shop the better. Might be well worth the stop. They may know things about ink types and stuff and get you set straight on the first shot with your marking requirements.

From experience, you would do well to really underline what you are using it for. I.e. It needs to perform well on disc plastic, so as not to pool and stay on when well dried up. Best case, if you can go to the place in person, take a disc with you so they can test.

The stamp itself should be the easiest thing for them to carve, but better make sure that the ink is 100% suited to the purpose before buying.

There's a guy on Facebook that does them with the stazon ink pad. I think he charges around $10-$15, but I don't remember off hand. I can try to find him if you have FB and are interested.

I was doing similar research and found this:

http://www.rubberstamps.net/Art-Stamps.aspx

Customized wood/rubber stamps with permanent ink pads. There's different templates, sizes and price ranges to choose from along with different ink types. You design a stamp, upload it and they make it and sent it to you. I havent gone through them yet but plan on giving them a try..

Hope that helps! :thmbup:

Any recommendations on a website to make custom stamp for marking discs?

Thinking kind of like what big jerm does on his discs

Literally had the same idea yesterday myself and talked about it with my disc golf playing partner today. I have a way of writing my initials so they are all combined, so that is what I would do. But that will not work for all initials.

Eagle was commenting on one of his Vlogs a while ago where he got his stamp that he puts on all his discs now... I'll try to find it later when I have some time.

I use rubberstamps.net and have gotten 4 different stamps of varying sizes for around $10 or less each. I also use StazOn brand ink, almost any color works well. I have not used the glaze, and don't think it's necessary as I haven't had any durability issues.

Cheap alternative... use a sharpie on the rubber stamps. You can make rainbows.
Depending on how long you take to color the stamp, the Sharpie might start to dry out a little and will not stamp well. You might have to "huff" it just before you stamp. This means you breath heavily on the stamp to add a little warm moisture and reactivate the inks.

I didnt see any videos that show people huffing stamps but here's one where you can hear her do it off camera:

I use rubberstamps.net and have gotten 4 different stamps of varying sizes for around $10 or less each. I also use StazOn brand ink, almost any color works well. I have not used the glaze, and don't think it's necessary as I haven't had any durability issues.

Depending on how long you take to color the stamp, the Sharpie might start to dry out a little and will not stamp well. You might have to "huff" it just before you stamp. This means you breath heavily on the stamp to add a little warm moisture and reactivate the inks.

I didnt see any videos that show people huffing stamps but here's one where you can hear her do it off camera:

Although I like the novelty of a stamp, I am getting a stencil made for the specific reason that I don't want to have to do something like these techniques (not that it is hard, I just don't want to). That way I can just put the sharpie (also considering paint pen to remove more easily for resale) directly on the disc. The stencil is going to be cut out of plastic (like one of those foldable cutting boards) as a prototype, and then possible graduate to an aluminum stencil about the size of a mini.

Last edited: