• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas actual DISCussion thread

Pulled out my XG Roc (2011 USDGC?) last night and it was significantly stiffer than the Atlas I threw over the weekend. The more and more I think about it, I don't think this disc is going to make my bag unless the production run is a bit stiffer than what I experienced.

I threw the Champ version, which I heard from an extremely reliable source is what is coming out in the first production run. However they could release more of the star, then the champ. Before you ask I didn't get any info on Time Frames, I knew you guys would have too much fun with that :clap:

Evidenced by that 1000+ post monstrosity of a thread

Does anyone have any video of this being thrown yet?

Johnny if you want to hit Airey up tommorrow let me know. I have to be in Oakley at 5pm and then playing Airey. I have two of them and a Camera. Hit me up if you wanna throw.

The thing is a FLX Buzzz for the most part. It's a great disc.

I've only thrown a few of the MVP Fairway drivers and their putters so I can't really compare them to that but the disc is a nice Buzzz, or a faster Mako IMHO. It feels alot like FLX plastic to me, and it's a bit floppy . I was actually thinking that I would be disappointed with this disc but I think it's what the Roc3 was supposed to be or what I thought it was going to be. It's worth a try IMHO.

What was the Roc3 supposed to be?

When it was going to be released I thought that it was going to be a Buzzz, or less stable/more neutral as everyone was describing it. The Roc3 ended up being more like a faster Wasp rather than a Buzzz. I have one that is beat in now and is more neutral but the few Roc3's that I have thrown were all as stable as a KC Pro/Wasp when first purchased.

Thanks for the answers. I love my Roc3's, the glide is unbelievable in my 172. The 180 is more stable and shorter, but it is also newer. I've been a DC mid guy for years. The roc3 was the first Innova mid I carried for awhile. Now I have a Stingray and a KC pro roc. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

Johnny if you want to hit Airey up tommorrow let me know. I have to be in Oakley at 5pm and then playing Airey. I have two of them and a Camera. Hit me up if you wanna throw.

Damn!! I work until 7 tomorrow. I will be playing with Jay Dub Friday evening somewhere. Maybe we can meet up then?

Thanks for the answers. I love my Roc3's, the glide is unbelievable in my 172. The 180 is more stable and shorter, but it is also newer. I've been a DC mid guy for years. The roc3 was the first Innova mid I carried for awhile. Now I have a Stingray and a KC pro roc. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

I have two Roc3's in my bag and without a doubt the greatest mold that I have ever thrown. I used to carry a beefy 2007 USDGC Big Bird Roc that after 2 years was beat to just about perfection. The Roc3 is the exact same thing as a perfect Champ Roc with a little more speed, and 1/3 the cost, and just feels great in the hand. The Atlas is about the same speed as a Roc3 just more neutral.

I love my 175g Roc3, I tried a 180 but that didn't work for me as well.

How about Goshen Friday?

I'd love to see a SpinTV segment with Dave and Wisecup testing protos or new models and discussing. Haven't seen that yet. But I think it'd be really interesting! Golden opp here with the Atlas.

Haha, so I was going to post,

"I talked to Jussi today and he said they have 6-7 vids ready to go, and it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of them"

but then you get the better answer.

We're working on a Dave's Spin for the Atlas! :) That's a good idea about the flight shots though. We'll try to work something like that in there.

---

Also, why the hate for Dunipace (other posters, not Levi obviously)?? I think he does a good job explaining the differences. He's not going to talk like a DGCR forum nerd...so many people forget that this particular site overanalyzes discs and overtalks technique. He says what needs to be said and nothing else.

why the hate for Dunipace (other posters, not Levi obviously)?? I think he does a good job explaining the differences. He's not going to talk like a DGCR forum nerd...so many people forget that this particular site overanalyzes discs and overtalks technique. He says what needs to be said and nothing else.

Agreed, it's a different audience. I don't expect him to go above and beyond with his explanations or demonstrations, he definitely covers the main points that is really all that is needed.

An actual review from All Things Disc Golf.

Well written review for sure.

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/innova-atlas-review/

Atlas-168x300.png

Also, why the hate for Dunipace (other posters, not Levi obviously)?? I think he does a good job explaining the differences. He's not going to talk like a DGCR forum nerd...so many people forget that this particular site overanalyzes discs and overtalks technique. He says what needs to be said and nothing else.

I think he should talk like a disc nerd. He's had more influence on disc golf than anybody, and he acts like a businessman more than a passionate disc golfer, which I've heard him referred to as being many times. Judging by his non-verbal behavior in those videos, it's easy to see why Innova's quality is on the decline. They seem to be just filling orders at this point in the same way that he's just getting the video over with.

I think he should talk like a disc nerd. He's had more influence on disc golf than anybody, and he acts like a businessman more than a passionate disc golfer, which I've heard him referred to as being many times. Judging by his non-verbal behavior in those videos, it's easy to see why Innova's quality is on the decline. They seem to be just filling orders at this point in the same way that he's just getting the video over with.

If you keep slamming Innova I'ma gonna take your Polecats away!

:p

tbizzle I think you should slow your roll just a hair.

I did find the "Meet Dave Dunipace" very interesting. I didn't know he was a world champ and a world distance champ in the 80's. I do agree that he should nerd out a little bit more but maybe he just doesn't know how.

I too would like to see a video review of this disc. I don't really care by whom.

Pulled out my XG Roc (2011 USDGC?) last night and it was significantly stiffer than the Atlas I threw over the weekend. The more and more I think about it, I don't think this disc is going to make my bag unless the production run is a bit stiffer than what I experienced.

I threw the Champ version, which I heard from an extremely reliable source is what is coming out in the first production run. However they could release more of the star, then the champ. Before you ask I didn't get any info on Time Frames, I knew you guys would have too much fun with that :clap:

Evidenced by that 1000+ post monstrosity of a thread

Apparently my source was not reliable (or too reliable?). I did not throw this champ version, there will be no champ version released, and my review and description of the disc being "floppy" was not taken well by the powers that be at Innova.

It is AMAZING how much they read this website. They're probably using the cannon fodder in these threads to formulate their Social media strategy right now.

In other news, I'm ditching all my Innova Mids and putters and going to a dedicated Lat64/MVP lineup.

Latest posts