• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Boss

I wonder if someone will ever try making a disc with a fluted profile...like the new shape that is used on the blades of the fan blades on wind farms. The newer blades are shaped similar to the tail fin of a whale or dolphin and generate more power with less effort. Wierd idea for a disc ...

Just got mine last sunday and am pumped to throw it. The grip feels amazing.

I've had a champion star stamp boss in my bag for a couple weeks now ($17) and I love it. I also picked up the feldberg stamp last weekend ($13). Both are about 172-173 grams and fly pretty much the same. I've taken them out to the football field at my school and thrown them in the 450-470 ft range a few times. The fly like a beat pro destroyer out of the gate but come back hard like a new destroyer when they lose speed. PERFECT disc for max distance! On a good throw, I'm gaining over 20 ft from the 4 destroyers I have in my bag (pro-champion)!!

Although I got mine locally, discgolfcenter.com has them for $13 + free shipping.

I've taken them out to the football field at my school and thrown them in the 450-470 ft range a few times. .[/QUOTE said:
football field=100yds=300 feet
300feet + 2x10yds for each end zone=360 feet...

450-470? you starting from the opposing teams lockers and landing in the adjacent baseball diamond?

Went to the local shwag shop here in town just to hold one and, man, it felt fast. Broke down and ordered one, today, along with a med wizard and polecat from dgcenter. Sweet deal.

football field=100yds=300 feet
300feet + 2x10yds for each end zone=360 feet...

450-470? you starting from the opposing teams lockers and landing in the adjacent baseball diamond?
It's a lot easier to estimate 100' past an endzone than it is without any sort or markings. Most people would be surprised how far they can throw if they're able to actually hit a distance line.

By the way, the endzone is more like 15 yards on each side not 10 so driving the whole field is more like 390 feet which is really good.

the endzones are ten yards in length (each) making a full football field throw 360 ft.

OMFG!!! I just got my boss in the mail and am instantly in love. Just when you think it's gonna bail, it just keeps truckin'. The lip did feel a bit big, but that will pass. Felt great for forhand, too. SWEEEET!!!

I would throw from the back of one end zone past the back of the other end zone (360 ft) and then I would step off the rest (+~100 ft). That is how I measured my distances.

nice

just used my boss on a full round and shot a personal best -7 at rosedale park. I will keep this in my bag.

Latest posts