• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Boss

The champion Boss is everything it's cracked up to be and then some. I throw predominantly sidearm, so the wide rim makes for a nice fit in the web of my hand. I beat my previous best drives on the first two holes I threw it on (both 300+). What made it great was that the added distance came without additional effort. It's as if the disc is doing all the work; you're just there to watch. It should be noted that this disc is not for the faint of heart. If you can't drive 300+ ft, the Boss might not be the disc for you. At shorter distances it really likes to hyzer out.

As for the field length debate…if we're talking about an American football field, the end zones are 10 yd making the entire length of the field including both end zones 120 yd or 360 ft. A Canadian football field has 20 yd end zones

I had one in my hand, but thought better of buying it without knowing much about it. It sounds like its great for forehand, but has anyone used it backhand for an entire round? Hopw does the Boss preform for a backhand thrower?

I throw mine backhand and forehand. It's a great disc either way. I'd say it adds 30' to my drives and is a lot straighter during flight than a destroyer or excalibur.

Last edited:
I had one in my hand, but thought better of buying it without knowing much about it. It sounds like its great for forehand, but has anyone used it backhand for an entire round? Hopw does the Boss preform for a backhand thrower?

The XCaliber is more high speed stable than the Boss and is therefore better for forehand. The Boss is more of a backhand disc. I think it's easier to throw straight than a Champion Wraith.

Everyone would do themselves a tremendous favor by getting a boss. BH, FH, this disc is straight $(as long as you have the hands and strength for this bad boy).

This is great,I don't think I've heard one bad thing about the boss. Someone did say something on another thread about excess plastic around the edges and that's no biggie there. I'm going out and playing Anna Page west today and I'll give it a good launch and see what's up.:)

Discraft better step up it's game. They could'nt even compete with the destroyer. Now they're two down. They'll probably just come up with another new plastic blend instead.

Last edited:
Discraft better step up it's game. They could'nt even compete with the destroyer. Now they're two down. They'll probably just come up with another new plastic blend instead.

they didt even do that they jsut realeased some discs in z plastic that wernt previously avaliable.

and the boss is a freak. so soooo long. and awesome into a headwind. if you dont have one, dont get one so i can win!

Latest posts