• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Bullfrog

finally got one. this appears to be innova's best run of xt plastic ever. its very firm with a slight velvet texture. as for the mold:VaviarX3 is exactly what it is. i will use it strictly for approaching and im excited to see how the stiff xt breaks in. in the past i have seen extreme resistance to bead wear with the other vtech putter offerings in xt plastic. however, this run is a blend much different. if it shows the same dexterity i hope all future runs follow suite

finally got one. this appears to be innova's best run of xt plastic ever. its very firm with a slight velvet texture. as for the mold:VaviarX3 is exactly what it is. i will use it strictly for approaching and im excited to see how the stiff xt breaks in. in the past i have seen extreme resistance to bead wear with the other vtech putter offerings in xt plastic. however, this run is a blend much different. if it shows the same dexterity i hope all future runs follow suite

AviarX3 top you think, or just very VTechy AX3?

Looks like a spin putter's dream disc. Not sure Wysocki is going to want to use it, though. Time will tell...

I know the video shows Sexton using it at one point with a spin putt, but I don't think a glideless brick like this is going to be a spin putter's dream. Granted, given that Ricky likes deep putters like the Dagger, this doesn't seem like his cup of tea either since it's supposed to be shallow. Didn't Ricky used to use KC Pro Aviars a long time ago? That seems like a pretty likely choice for him to go back to.

I know the video shows Sexton using it at one point with a spin putt, but I don't think a glideless brick like this is going to be a spin putter's dream. Granted, given that Ricky likes deep putters like the Dagger, this doesn't seem like his cup of tea either since it's supposed to be shallow. Didn't Ricky used to use KC Pro Aviars a long time ago? That seems like a pretty likely choice for him to go back to.

I'm not sure this is as glideless as claimed. If the Post Office will find my package and deliver it, I'll be able to test the Bullfrog with my own spin putt, and then I will know. :thmbup: :popcorn:

As to Wysocki, we'll see what he does via-a-vis putters. He might just try and like the Whale, which is "not unlike" the Dagger.

Whale makes most sense as it's very Daggery. That being said, my money is on seasoned KC BB Aviars.

I would not mind seeing a VRhyno by the way...

Whale makes most sense as it's very Daggery. That being said, my money is on seasoned KC BB Aviars.

I would not mind seeing a VRhyno by the way...

I'd imagine a VRhyno would fly a lot like an Element Discs Plutonium. (Awesome)

I have a Bullfrog on the way. Excited to test it against my Reko which is another shallow, small beaded putter.

I never ever understand when people sort of complain/negative thoughts about one disc being just like an older mold. There are a ton of discs out there and so many are so alike. I find it a good thing and companies have to compete with one another so they put their spin on it.

I am getting one in the mail today. I love shallow putters where the rim doesn't feel as thin as paper.

Why I want it is when my putting game is off, I think I worry about missing and going way past. This causes me to not have that nice confident spin on it. I'm hoping the Glide of 1 is true. Maybe it will help my mental game. I putt with Suspects and as odd as it sounds, a Justice at times. They are not putters but I don't give a rats ass. They feel great to throw and my 2 most consistent discs for in/out of circles in any condition.

just got mine in the mail yesterday...it feels great in the hand for both BH and FH. Going out for a 3 disc round Sat with my new discs (XT bullfrog, Champ Coyote, Pro Thunderbird). I will report back after.

KC pro whale?

I think those exist, and were being sold in the Innova Proshop. If you want a Pro Whale, the Infinite Discs brand MYTH is a Pro Whale...

If you just meant what Wysocki might throw, then someone else can use this information to find the disc they want. :)

My nice Postlady delivered my Bullfrog (and Pharaoh) to my doorstep today. I've made these observations, so far:
1. The Bullfrog is not nearly as shallow as the Tomb, and is less shallow than the Star Stud and Star Colt at the rim.
2. The Bullfrog looks a lot like the Whale on the underside (V-tech) and side of the rim. But the Bullfrog is FAF flat.
3. The Bullfrog feels very good in the hand. I like flat-topped discs, so I liked how it felt. Additionally, the XT plastic feels good, not too 'pencil eraser'-ish.
4. Inclement weather outside, so I won't get to throw the Bullfrog today. I did putt on the 'indoor range', i.e. my long hallway into the bedroom and the boxes I've stacked, about 19 ft. of length. The Bullfrog putted very straight with my spin putt. Yes, it's a limited test, but I did not sense I was throwing a Glide '1' brick. I'm looking forward to getting it to the course for some putting and throwing, to see what it really does and really can do...

TL; DR: flat, not as shallow as some feared, putts straight, needs more testing. But seems like a good disc if you like flat discs. :thmbup: