• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Gargoyle

@iDiscGolf

* Ace Member *
Innova Gargoyle, released 7/21/16

Hopefully the stamp looks more like

gargoyle_008.jpg

And not

gargoyle-goofy-gary-lg.jpg

An aptly named disc that will sit on my shelf and collect dust.

For everyone asking where the info came from, it got PDGA approved today. Granted sometimes Innova gets discs approved months or even years before they actually release them (and sometimes they never gets a full release too), so don't expect these to turn up anytime soon. Here's the full stats:

Max Weight: 176.0 Diameter: 21.2 Height: 2.0 Rim depth: 1.2 Inside Rim Diameter: 18.4 Rim Thickness: 1.4 Rim Config: 43.50

From the rim thickness and configuration, it looks like a mid to me although the low "max weight" makes me think it could also be a fast putter.

Oh and it's small diameter like a Pig or Rhyno which explains the lower max weight vs. larger diameter mids like Rocs. It could still be a small diameter mid rather than a putter though. The rim config is pretty "sharp" for a putter. Most of Innova's putters don't have that sharp of a profile other than the Dart and XD.

Oh and it's small diameter like a Pig or Rhyno which explains the lower max weight vs. larger diameter mids like Rocs. It could still be a small diameter mid rather than a putter though. The rim config is pretty "sharp" for a putter. Most of Innova's putters don't have that sharp of a profile other than the Dart and XD.

How does it look compared to the Goblin? The Dart I think shares pieces with the Goblin.

Also the 1.2 rim depth is very shallow, this thing sounds fast. Hopefully vetch. The height turns me off though, sounds on the neutral and glidey side of things. I would want roc type flight to compliment gators. I'm runnin out of proline spiders!

Also the 1.2 rim depth is very shallow, this thing sounds fast. Hopefully vetch. The height turns me off though, sounds on the neutral and glidey side of things. I would want roc type flight to compliment gators. I'm runnin out of proline spiders!

Wouldn't a Cro fly like a small diameter Roc? It sits between Spider and Gator on the chart.

Why another putter/mid tweener? When are they going to supplement 6/7 US offerings?

If I were guessing, I'd say maybe this will be the disc to compete with the verdict/bard. They could use a longer, overstable compliment to the Roc that is not a meat hook. Something a little shallower perhaps. I thought the commander was supposed to be that disc but it seems to have been permanently tabled.

If I were guessing, I'd say maybe this will be the disc to compete with the verdict/bard. They could use a longer, overstable compliment to the Roc that is not a meat hook. Something a little shallower perhaps. I thought the commander was supposed to be that disc but it seems to have been permanently tabled.

That would be a good disc. I won't hold my breath though. As it has been said, just because it was approved, doesn't mean it will be available. I was all excite to try a Hawg too, then it just disappeared.