• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Gargoyle

I always thought the dart and mako came from the coyote. Could be very wrong tho. I don't have a coyote

The dart is smaller diameter. I think the dart is supposed to be a small diameter aero.

Here ya go
It's pretty domey with a big bead

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This disc looks like a spider went on a diet around the middle. Kinda like a panther top on a spider bottom. Or kinda like what a spider3 would look like if one were to be made.

I know the Gazelle doesn't have the following of their other fairway discs. But how will it when there is nothing but dx in brick and mortar stores, where most new players will shop. Even if a long time player is leaning towards switching to Gazelles, the lack of availability except for proshop prices, is a big deterrent. I don't get how releasing a new disc, with very similiar projected flight numbers solves anything.

The DX Gazelle was my favorite disc in the late 90s

Has anyone thrown one of these yet? This disc and the commander both sound like the old Innova Gremlin mold.

Huh.. Where is Innova headed with these Fairway/Mid tweaners? These shapes and flight numbers are not speaking to me...

Viper and Warship are the only tweaner Fairway/Mids Ive ever cared about, and the Truth eats the Warship's lunch while being a more traditional mid shape, speed, and having mid versatility... it goes forever so people like to call it a tweaner but imo its a true mid and I prefer it for that reason.

The Viper / Tachyon / MOAB I will always bag because nothing else is even close to its characteristics and versatility. The only way that changes for me is if Innova (or someone) manages to make a Viper with a constant angle rim ala Truth, Verdict, Buzzz SS, Mako3, and every other good (imo) mid range and putter.

Huh.. Where is Innova headed with these Fairway/Mid tweaners? These shapes and flight numbers are not speaking to me...

Viper and Warship are the only tweaner Fairway/Mids Ive ever cared about, and the Truth eats the Warship's lunch while being a more traditional mid shape, speed, and having mid versatility... it goes forever so people like to call it a tweaner but imo its a true mid and I prefer it for that reason.

The Viper / Tachyon / MOAB I will always bag because nothing else is even close to its characteristics and versatility. The only way that changes for me is if Innova (or someone) manages to make a Viper with a constant angle rim ala Truth, Verdict, Buzzz SS, Mako3, and every other good (imo) mid range and putter.

True dat!

...more Innova freaks for those foolish enough to buy em? :rolleyes:

I've thrown mine a bit finally.

It's an odd little fella.

Forget how it feels in the hand, that's not important because there's nothing awful or great about it. It just feels like a hybrid.

It's flight is unique. At low speeds it's fairly true to its release, almost a bit over-stable. It makes a great approach disc from about 200 ft. However, if you put a little mmphf into it, it flies almost like a leopard. I can flip it up to straight and get it out about 350 before finishing straight or slightly right.

It's easier to throw far than a midrange, but more controllable than a fairway driver if that makes sense.

I have a star gargoyle, why is it penned *USN ?

Attachments

• IMG_20170515_191804.jpg
    IMG_20170515_191804.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 43
I always thought the dart and mako came from the coyote. Could be very wrong tho. I don't have a coyote

The Mako/Mako3 might've come from the Coyote, they feel similar (I am fortunate to have two Star Coyotes).

Dart? Not so sure....

Latest posts