• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Glow Aviars

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone dyed a glow Aviar? Innova's website doesn't describe it as a Glow Champion plastic like the Gazelle. It may very well be the same plastic, but I wanted to see if it should take to dyeing colors well before I tried anything.

There is definitely a cheaper type of glow plastic that does not take dye well. I tried to dye an Innova glow marker disc and it did not take dye at all. I imagine the marker discs are made out of the cheapest plastic available.

The KC Glow aviars are definitely a KC pro/glow blend. Nothing like the champ glow or mini glow plastic

glow aviars are usually a "DX" glow plastic... not to be confused with the "champion" glow plastic.
Just like regular DX i would assume the DX glow plastic doesn't take well to dye. I haven't been able to dye a DX disc with any success before.

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

ive dyed dx and pro d discs before, i had to leave them sittin in dye for almost two days, and it still came out light, but it worked. i have a glow avair myself and i was debating on dyeing it. but when i had cut out my designs, the x-acto likes to leave lines in the dx and pro d discs.

there are actually 2 types of glow Aviars. The standard type is a 'DX glow Aviar' which will NOT dye well, however a 'CFR glow Aviar' will dye well.

Latest posts