• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova have anything close to a comet?

EpicLeopard1337 said:
Shark might be pretty close but slightly more stable.

so then the S-MD1 would be fairly similar as well then? I think the MD2 is a faster disc with comet like flight. More speed instead of glide though.

colombo117 said:
I agree with Frank.

However, JR the new champ stingray I have is not flippy. In fact it is stable and very buzzz like.

I've only thrown DX and Star and if you meant Super Stingray then i agree.

victorb said:
EpicLeopard1337 said:
Shark might be pretty close but slightly more stable.

so then the S-MD1 would be fairly similar as well then? I think the MD2 is a faster disc with comet like flight. More speed instead of glide though.
A good MD2 is like the power thrower's version of the finesse thrower's Comet. A nicely seasoned D-MD2 can also handle the finesse part, and really isn't that far off.

The MD1 and Shark both have too much fade though, and most MD1's I've thrown have been a closer to Rocs than Sharks.

If we expand to anything Innova-molded, where does the Aurora MS fall in this conversation?

Working Stiff said:
If we expand to anything Innova-molded, where does the Aurora MS fall in this conversation?
Aurora MS is nowadays a straight rimmed old mold MD2. Has the same wing as the current MD2, the sharper nose (due to the different top) of the old MD2, and lacks the slight slant. So very much an MD2 with a bit less HSS overall, and especially in the wind. Out of the ones I've tested the 180 Auroras were less HSS than 170 D-MD2's, both out of the box.

Latest posts