• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Mystere, video review.

Review seems decent. It would have been interesting if they had a guy in the vid who throws 450'+ trying to carve a line with a Mystere. IMO the Mystere is a disc for guys who throw 350'ish. If you start cranking further than that the disc flips over and doesn't come back. Its a good hyzer flip disc for calm or downwind conditions. Lots of high speed turn and the Mystere holds a flex line for a long, long time.

I personally wouldn't bag it. Little too inconsistent/flippy. At speed 11 the Mystere has to compete with quite a few other similar discs. At full power I have a hard time keeping the Mystere from turning and burning.

Easily capable of top shelf distance. The few times I hit the Mystere hard without flipping it I saw 450'ish.

My numbers: 11, 5, -4, 2. Mystere glides well, but it isn't quite as floaty as a Shryke.

Last edited:
Multiple throwers review the Mystere with drone footage and commentary.

https://youtu.be/jXU6K9hr80o

Not a bad video, and nice reviews with people of different armspeed levels.

I like the Star Mystere myself. I have a couple (one an F2) at 166-167g, which is a sweet spot for me. This disc will be understable for faster arms, but for understable arms (and take that as you will ;) ) it's a good distance driver. If one is looking to disc up from fairway drivers, or disc down from the wide-rimmed high speed drivers, the Mystere might well get 'er done for ya.

Too much video cuteness and not enough content/. . . . .

I miss the homeslice guys! Just discs, throws and talk of those discs.

Too much video cuteness and not enough content/. . . . .

I miss the homeslice guys! Just discs, throws and talk of those discs.

I don't have a big arm at all but the GStar Mystere flips like a Mamba for me and is equally useless.

I never understood that, I really don't feel like I should be throwing anything over speed 9, but somehow those discs are faster and they are like less reliable Roadrunners for me.

I don't have a big arm at all but the GStar Mystere flips like a Mamba for me and is equally useless.

I never understood that, I really don't feel like I should be throwing anything over speed 9, but somehow those discs are faster and they are like less reliable Roadrunners for me.

I think I actually like the Mamba better than the Mystere. It seems to have a glidier flight. The Mamba I used to have in the bag actually had some good late fade. I could get it to flip over and then come back late in flight. My Mystere will flip and stay flipped the whole time.

That said, I'd never throw either disc on a hole were accuracy is vital. They both tend to bleed right quite a bit and can be very hard to control.

You may be getting a lot of snap and therefore spin on your discs when you throw them, even if you don't have a 'big arm'. You might also have some wrist roll. If you have a Nova putter, go throw it and see how it does. The Nova shows wrist roll very well; I know this from my own experience.

Latest posts