• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pro Line Plastic

vegeta727

I have a number of Innova Pro Line Beast (03') that I do not play with and are in excellent condition. I am just getting back into the game after a 5 year lay off. Based on what I have seen on Discaroo and Ebay; these discs seem to have increased in value dramatically. For me, being a casual player, would I be better served to sell these discs and if so....for what price?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah those proline Beast are the old mold Beasts. They changed the mold a while back and made them less stable. On top of that the "pro line" plastic is much better than the pro plastic used today. The pro line plastic of that era is basically equivalent to Champion Edition and is sought after for that reason as well. I really couldn't give a very good estimate on their value but I'm sure there are plenty of others on here that can.

Since you're a casual player and just getting back into the game I'd suggest selling them and buying plastic that's in production - OOP plastic can get expensive.

Unless...

you just really love how the old mold beasts throw.

Alternatively...

you can search the forums here and find what in-production discs fly like the old mold beasts. You could buy a couple and see if you like them equally well?

seriously, I want some pro line monster... lost mine... ahh that sun plays tricks on ya coulda sworn I picked it up

ahh hell, there's always ebay

*off to ebay to spend more $$$

Pro=Crap. The durability of DX and the grip, why pay more, just by DX

Throw a Pro Katana, then throw a Star Katana..... Same grip, better flight, same length, better durability

Ask and you shall receive.

seriously, I want some pro line monster... lost mine... ahh that sun plays tricks on ya coulda sworn I picked it up

ahh hell, there's always ebay

*off to ebay to spend more $$$

I have a 175 Pro Line Monster...maybe thrown 5 times. I can take a picture and we can decide a forum for sale.

Pro=Crap. The durability of DX and the grip, why pay more, just by DX

Throw a Pro Katana, then throw a Star Katana..... Same grip, better flight, same length, better durability

They're talking about Pro Line plastic, not Pro plastic. It's the closest thing to CE plastic you can find, and it hasn't been made in many years. Hope this helps with the confusion.

Yea pro line is some sweet plastic and damn near indestructable. Plus its usually pearly as can be. Truely awesome stuff i have both pro line beasts and leopards.

is your leopard candy pro or pro line i havent seen a pro line leopard but i have a candy pro

It all depends really...

If you like it, throw it and be happy.

If you like it, but don't see why it is special, it would be no burden to trade it off for 2 or even 3 currently produced discs in Champion/Star plastic.

If you don't like it the choice is obvious.

Here is my 2 cents. I've handled/thrown various pro-line, CE and special run/blend discs. I honestly find nothing special about them. But when I come across one (usually in the used section of Play It Again Sports) I snatch it right up because I know other do. My bag is currently 100% regular discs and I've never worried for a second I could be missing something. I honestly don't wear out a Champion/Star disc fast enough to have to worry about getting something more durable. In fact, I've never worn out a Champion/Star disc.

They are worth more because they are oop and golfer's will pay million's for them thanks to poor judgement. Sell them now or later, throwing them will be fruitless. People like pro line and ce because they held up to abuse so well, to me they have crummy grip properties and I have seen what ten years in a swamp does to them.

Last edited:

Latest posts