• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Whale - please rename

Whoa, bräu. Whoa.
Tone down that air of superiority Mr. "I see real life whales on the regular and they suck at disc golf", says I.

I get a sense that you are a little off your rocker on this. I have seen plenty of whales, is there something wrong with that? and I your quote is all wrong on top of that. I've seen whales in real life but I don't know where you get the "they suck at disc golf" part...phuuuuu blow it out buddy

Ten years working at sea -- I've seen a whale or two too. Just take it easy on Johnny Ball-golf, wouldja Mr. "what is actually cute is your ignorance of disc golf and Innova discs". Groove?

Innova Whale.

I hope this mold doesn't go away. I personally think it should be renamed so that it attracts the attention it should by the pros and others. What do others think of the disc and the name? It is difficult to think of a good name and as sad as it seems, but I think many would not want to throw it because of the name.

Avair, wizard, challenger all sound great, but whale isn't that appealing.

Could have been the Snail, sounds like it could work for the whales flight path.

Snail, better or worse?

^ Not better, but not worse either. Another candidate for a great stamp.

Plus you could say "I s'nailed that putt." "S'nailed it!!!", says I.

Ten years working at sea -- I've seen a whale or two too. Just take it easy on Johnny Ball-golf, wouldja Mr. "what is actually cute is your ignorance of disc golf and Innova discs". Groove?

not sure what you are getting at. I don't mind ball golf, but he/she came accross looking down on disc golf from a ball golf position, read his/her comment.

Could have been the Snail, sounds like it could work for the whales flight path.

Snail, better or worse?

yea...I threw a snail today or I threw a thunderbird. is there a difference? if this gets no where with naming things then the name becomes irrelevant. I am totally guessing but if you owned a disc company you would probably think about what you would call it critically. or just call it a Plate 1 vs. Plate 2. I like Plate 1 a little more. It seems that you are trolling if you think a name has no significance. do a poll and ask if names make any difference and see if they should have renamed the Thunderbird" to maybe "Snail" and see what they would vote fore. Even the trilogy discs the names are something that is talked about...what would you name a nother trilogy disc?... try the "Felon".

The problem with gdub's comment wasn't his ball-golf centric position. It was his pro-Prodigy anything position. You harped on the wrong flaw in his logic. Says I. Bräu.

The ONLY reason I tried the Whale was the name and the stamp. And because I try lots of discs.
I'd do the same with any disc named the Snail.

Hey Innova: You named your new disc the Snail? You s'nailed it. Says I.

Just get out there and frolf, bräu.

The problem with gdub's comment wasn't his ball-golf centric position. It was his pro-Prodigy anything position. You harped on the wrong flaw in his logic. Says I. Bräu.

ok, I get that. but the view was initially as an influence of ball golf on disc golf and that "animal" names are a joke. His flaw didn't come accross as "pro" prodigy but attacking naming conventions and "animals" was "cute". I think it deals more with the naming conventions not "pro" prodigy per se.

Prodigy is dumber than animal names, says I.

I am not disagreeing with you or agreening with you either. I only think the "Whale" name needs to change so the mold will stick around. But it might stick anyway if people like throwing it. Back to my thoughts on this, I can be wrong which isn't a first but this mold I think is great and makes a great throwing putter off the tee.

Mold name getting you down? Nothing that a crappy ten minute Photoshop job can't fix.

j5kufq.png

If people throw it and like it, it will stay around.

*and Prodigy's scheme is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzzz (just tossing this in)

Mold name getting you down? Nothing that a crappy ten minute Photoshop job can't fix.

j5kufq.png

lol, thanks for lightening it (me) up. as you can tell I like this disc and hope it sticks around. I am a little serious only because it seems like a special disc and the name doesn't work for me...but it might work in general. take it easy :thmbup:

j5kufq.png

How's he going to stab anything with that puny arm? And where's the "Mom over a heart" tattoo?

Shame on you, Scarp. I expected more...C- :|

:D

You know how I know that Innova names don't matter? Because the Bulldog, which is the most Bulldog name ever, is OOP. But they are still making the Starfire. WTF is a Starfire, bräu? It sounds like a My Little Pony. Groove? Groove.

I dont mind the name and I like the stamp too. I want one just to keep as I have no interest in a deeper dish, bigger beaded putter. I want a white one with the purple stamp, just like in the pics.

Who cares about a disc name, if Lat renamed the Mercy "Poo-Poo Putter" and it only came in ZeroHard, doo-doo brown with corn yellow swirls...I wouuld still be hoarding a poo-poo platter of discs AND throwing these babies into the chains!

I dont mind the name and I like the stamp too. I want one just to keep as I have no interest in a deeper dish, bigger beaded putter. I want a white one with the purple stamp, just like in the pics.

Who cares about a disc name, if Lat renamed the Mercy "Poo-Poo Putter" and it only came in ZeroHard, doo-doo brown with corn yellow swirls...I wouuld still be hoarding a poo-poo platter of discs AND throwing these babies into the chains!

cool. I am going to do the same, I bought a few of the Whales I am am throughly impressed with how stable they are and throwing off the tee with full power is awesome.

I've banged a lot of whales in chains in my day as well... but that's just what I'm in to. Groove? Groove.