• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ins and outs?!?

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
It seems as if many on this site are as addicted to constantly trying new discs and techniques to improve their game. So here we are in the middle of August with fall looming a few weeks away, and I'm wondering what you've changed this year?
What discs started the year in your bag and are no longer there?
What replaced them?
What new techniques are you now doing more and more of and which have you given up on?

For me the Ins to my bag are the Surge SS - replacing my Wraith, which replaced my Beast).
A star FL - replacing my Reaper...although the Reaper still goes in the bag a lot.
I discovered even more Gateway putters, but I've also added the Pig to my bag.
I have rediscovered the Roc, and how awesome it is.
I got my first Buzzz and like that too.

I also changed my putting stance this year...to mixed results!

The only disc i've really changed this year is the switch from the Aviar to the Aviar X.

The part of my game that has changed and improved the most is learning the roller and the Forehand. because I can throw both of these shots, I have taken 4 or so strokes off of my average round.

The big change in my bag is the switch from aviars or omegas to wizards for putting. Other than that I've just been making small tweaks to my game this year.

No major bag changes. I've replaced discs I've lost and added two Star Destroyers only because they have the same name as a ship in Star Wars, but that's about it.

I've been trying to incroporate more things into my throw, though. I think I'm getting my footwork figured out so I'm actually using my lower body. I'm also pulling closer to my chest at the right pec and I'm getting to where I'm slowing down my elbow and shoulders at the right time. I've also recently fixed an issue I had with thumb placement on my grip.

Another small change I'm working on is how I line up for putts. I'm using what appears so far to be a more consistant way to place my feet. I'm also more aware of where the finger pspring should be on a pitch putt. Those both seemed to help the last time I was out but it's still early.

when i started off mainly . . . i was playing with omega putters which has been replaced with an array of gateway putters. i now carry a warlock for putting, and a wizard and a voodoo for up shots. secondly i replaced an xcal with a teerex. and discraft for innova when it comes to midranges.

thats right i carry Innova drivers, discraft midranges, and gateway putters.

I've made too many changes to my bag this year to keep up with. Its been a crazy year of disc discovery for me. My final line up is:
Surge x2
Surge SS
Force
Rogue
Sidewinder
Predator x3
Teebird x2
XL
XS
Wasp
Buzzz x2
Voodoox3

What discs started the year in your bag and are no longer there?
What replaced them?
What new techniques are you now doing more and more of and which have you given up on?

Innova Sidewinder, Starfire, and Cobra... I'm pissed when I lost all of them.
Orc, Starfire, Wraith, and misprint of discraft... two buzzes
Working on forehand more, on being able to throw more shots.

I've also added a Viper to my bag.
I'm also a bit weird, I've generally always been a forehand driver and a backhand midrange/putter...and I've been working on my backhand drives and forehand midrange shots more. The thing that sucks for me driving backhand is that I lose so much accuracy because I can't get my head whipped around quick enough to focus on where my release point is....practice, practice, practice....

I've mostly been working on adding new shots. I've always driven good with a forehand, but now I've added more midrange forehand and turnover forehand shots. I've also been practicing my get out of trouble overhand shots and short roller shots to get out of trouble.

ive made alot of changes myself.

had 1 midrange being a dx roc - now replaced by 2 buzzz gt's champion panther, elite x stratus, and slipstream gt. (whichever i bring with.)

ive also gone from polecats, to aeros, to finally the r-pro dart which has been the BEST switch ive ever made. easily brought my scores down between 2-4 shots

really started to learn thumbers and tomahawks as ive never thrown them. so finding discs for that

as well as learning the rhbh flight path of alot of innovas discs. i used to flick and bh, then lost my flick and stuck mostly with the BH, now ive got both back and i have never been putting up scores as low as i have been

Well i quit playn for 5 or 6 years, i had alot of old stamp cheetahs,gazelles and stuff like that, now what i throw is

Wraiths (alot)
Boss (alot
Groove (sometimes)
Firedibrd
TL

everything is diffrent.

Basically I have worked on my putting and trying to improvemy driving technique. As far as discs go, I have stayed the same essentially but just recently added a SS Voodoo and recently a BUZZZ. Currently throw Champ Valk and Vikings, DX Aviars and BUZZZ and Voodoo. I have become consistant in my game, and making pars on holes is rather easy and almost boring. I need to turn some of those easy pars into birdies and that is my goal for next year. That is to go for the basket more agressively, whether it is with longer drives, accurate approach shots or just going for it on really long putts. Perhaps adding more higher speed discs later on.