• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Intro and Breakthrough!

NotActuallyChris

Bogey Member
Morning!

Long time lurker. Been playing a couple years casually, but decided I wanted to get more serious about it this year - at least get consistent, decent drives, hit 300 feet, and get smooth approaches down. Located in South Texas where its nearly too hot to play much in the summer, but just right in the winter :) :) :)

Been reading lots in the technique section, and took a video of myself to compare with other video's out there. Been doing about 60-90 minutes of field work daily for the last couple weeks resetting my form, which is a *very frustrating* process. However had my first breakthrough yesterday - all of the sudden I can throw my putter with a power grip, from a stand still with hardly any effort, and it zip's out, buttery smooth and on a line, no flutter, nice finish. Threw about 10 in a row, all w/o any effort, all same effect. Feels too good to be true, we'll see if I can reproduce it today.

Also a question - they are building a new 18 hole course out here (Laredo) - it not finished yet, but how to put information about it up?

Morning!

Long time lurker. Been playing a couple years casually, but decided I wanted to get more serious about it this year - at least get consistent, decent drives, hit 300 feet, and get smooth approaches down. Located in South Texas where its nearly too hot to play much in the summer, but just right in the winter :) :) :)

Been reading lots in the technique section, and took a video of myself to compare with other video's out there. Been doing about 60-90 minutes of field work daily for the last couple weeks resetting my form, which is a *very frustrating* process. However had my first breakthrough yesterday - all of the sudden I can throw my putter with a power grip, from a stand still with hardly any effort, and it zip's out, buttery smooth and on a line, no flutter, nice finish. Threw about 10 in a row, all w/o any effort, all same effect. Feels too good to be true, we'll see if I can reproduce it today.

Also a question - they are building a new 18 hole course out here (Laredo) - it not finished yet, but how to put information about it up?

Welcome to the site! Good luck with your form work!

Welcome to the site!

Incidentally, you may have just created a great tag-line for yourself on par with Outback Steakhouse's "No rules, just right."

"No flutter, nice finish."

Great to have you!

Hah, glad to contribute :p

Another 90 minutes today, another set of power gripped putters. But not translating to my full throw yet, so back to the frustration. At least there's a kind of progress, might need to upload that video sooner than anticipated.

Latest posts