• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ion stamp removal fail...

CarpeDiem

Par Member
So I recently bought a white Ion for dying. I have seen many of these dyed, and no one seemed to have a problem removing the stamp. Except me... I worked on it using acitone and cotton balls for about 5 min, and took about 50-60% of the stamp off. Nothing else will come off :/

Anyone have any tips, or tricks? Ooh and BTW, its a medium flight plate. And the outside rim doesn't take dye, correct?

Attachments

• IMAG0256.jpg
    IMAG0256.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 106
they used to not come with stamps... everyone to my knowledge has problems removing these as they like press it in there.

Also, try a paper towel and not a cotton ball, thats what I normally use when removing stamps.

Anybody ever used a q-tip with some acetone on it? Seems like that would work well getting down in those deep hot stamped areas.

If Acetone doesnt get it off, Its not coming off. The stamp was to hot and heavy.

you know what i mean

cotton ball good, paper towel bad. Paper towel will be more likely to to scratch/scuff more than cotton balls and cotton swabs. And yes, we try to only dye unstamped Ions. These are still obtainable from a few sources.

Just dye over that crap! You wont really notice the stamp once its dyed, I have a couple Dcraft discs I could not get all the stamp off but the dye job still looks good.

yeah im going to have to dye over it. i ended up getting a little more of it off, but not as much as i would have liked.

When you say these are still obtainable, do you mean that in the future all Ions will be stamped?

No. they will still run unstamped mvp discs. All first run vectors are stamped. But they haven't run any unstamped discs for a while so they are a little hard to come by.

I got an email from a guy saying he can get me a ton of them, I'll look into it and if it turns out good I'll share his info. I'd rather take the risk of getting screwed over than pass on the info and have everyone get screwed

I know I've been talking 'em up lately, shoulda mentioned that damn stamp. Sorry CarpeDiem

MVP's facebook comment to Apoth when he asked 'em about the soft blanks, "We are quite busy with the development of all our new products, some of which that have not even been seen yet. With that said, it has temporarily delayed blank softs. Unfortunately, blank softs have a lower priority over all the new developments we are creating. We have not stopped making them, only delayed in order to expand our company." (Mar. 30, 2011)

That would be really nice Fishy. I want to start from a blank, scratch-less slate lol.

So Dan, all the Ions you have dyed, they have all been soft? Do you think if i would have gotten a soft rather than medium, maybe the stamp would have came off better? Either way, man they really stamp that in...

unstamped medium ios

I got a couple from the marketplace coming and someone directed me to discgolfcenter.. unfortunately discgolfcenter didn't carry soft or light blue like I got from marketplace.

only one was soft and it had the stamp, did my best to work around it. I'm gonna stay away from 'em unless specifically asked to do one, as Zenbot mentioned they get fuzzy pretty quik, the mediums seem to do much better.

Latest posts