• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it bad when you wanna move for better courses?

Maks

Eagle Member
ive been to south texas, joliet, IL, and Denver, CO in the last year and really wanna go back to the midwest just to play dg. im just so bored of all the wide open shots at courses around here. and those courses in joliet are amazing.

any of you guys move just to be closer to better dg courses?......or am i just crazy for thinkin it?

Well, I don't think you are crazy. I live just outside of Joliet and I do love the courses. The thing is, I want to move out of the area to find a better dg culture. I started playing in Peoria IL and then really took to the sport when i moved to the IL/IN border and played with the Red Roc Club. All of the guys I played with over their were great and really helped me develop as a player. While I have met some nice people out here in Joliet, it seems like the majority of people who are playing just irritate me... Oh well, just my thoughts...

Yup, it is bad. However, I moved from the chicago area to charlotte and am loving it. Come to North Carolina...2012 Worlds baby!

When I moved after finishing school, disc golf definitely factored into my decision. That, along with the climate, made me choose KC over Chicago.

maks said:
Dig It said:
What made you move here in the first place?
i like everything here. i just wish the courses had more trees.
I wish we had more courses. When I look at states like Texas who's cup runneth over with courses I want to cry. Care to meet up and play a round some time?

I've lived in the Twin Cities and Des Moines since I started playing disc golf. So no, I haven't considered moving to be closer to better courses. ;)

We gotta a bunch of good to great courses within a 2 hour drive from Louisville. Even if you where to drop the drive time to 30 mins or a hour, there is still a lot of good courses.

Factoring in a 2 hour drive from Louisville, you'll get Bowling Green, Idlewild, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Lexington, and other great areas. The only bad thing about Louisville is that it has only 2 courses. However, we are in the process of getting more, albeit a slow process.

garublador said:
I've lived in the Twin Cities and Des Moines since I started playing disc golf. So no, I haven't considered moving to be closer to better courses. ;)

That's pretty much total win. As much as I love KC, I think the Iowa courses are superior. More woods.

Timko said:
garublador said:

That's pretty much total win. As much as I love KC, I think the Iowa courses are superior. More woods.

Speaking of woods, we got a lot of courses that are mostly wooded. There are some courses that have less than others, but there isn't a majority of open, less trees courses.

I like where we live, so I would rather the good courses move closer to me. :wink:

I am really fortunate. I moved to my current location before I started playing golf. There is a great and active disc golf culture here, and two freakin' awesome disc golf courses have sprung up with in 20 minutes in the last couple years to supplement the great ones already here. Wouldn't move anywhere else....

I have just the opposite "problem". I live in Des Moines, and I have often wanted to move and work in a field related more to my degree, but I keep staying in Des Moines and working jobs I don't like b/c of the courses. Well that and some good friends and family...

Latest posts