• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is less more?

Course rates 3.4 which includes several when only 9 installed and before concrete pads added.

Mostly positive feedback except obvious stuff unrelated to hole design stuff we haven't fixed yet or no planning to do- needs new tee signs, udisc confuses me, I lost my disc when I threw into the tall grass not on the fairway, my shoes got wet when it rained, blah,blah, blah.

Last edited:
Red 220
White/Blue 280 (shared but same scoring distribution) - original design had Blue @ 340 but not in data since pad not poured and location not currently used (markers pulled) since no concrete.

Sometimes you can make a hole easier and harder at the same time. Short distance plus some element of real danger that can be fairly navigated usually makes a fun hole with good scoring spread.

I wouldn't be too hasty to make changes just from looking at statistics off of the individual holes. Players play and evaluate courses/tournaments based on a variety of factors, and relative difficulty isn't the end-all-be-all for everyone.

There might be players who really enjoy that hole for one particular reason or another- the design just speaks to them. (I've seen players have drastic opinions to what I would consider fairly mild changes to hole design.)

Players might also feel that the hole is a nice reprieve in the middle of what would otherwise be a string of grueling holes where they are fighting to save par. Sometimes having a hole to mentally reset in the middle of a hard round can be pretty important.

So while I wouldn't say it should be kept it the same,it might be worth keeping in mind that are other important factors to remember outside of scoring. Especially when the overall course ratings seem appropriate.

BogeyNoMore's suggestion of setting up temporary basket (possibly for a tournament), while extra work, would probably be the most measured response.

Latest posts