• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is something wrong with Pro plastic?

Even the Pros playing for Millennium would disagree.

Jk is one of Innova's best Pro plastics right now.

Last edited:
I had the opposite experience of many here. Love the Cyclone mold, tired of DX beating up too fast on our rough courses and Liked that the pro was less overstable. Same wt I usually throw and felt like a total brick. Have pulled it out a couple of times as I build back up and still feels like a brick.

I've noticed several of you have talked about how nice the leopard is in pro plastic. I'm currently throwing a dx leo...does the pro seem to fly differently or is it just more of a grip/durability issue?

I've noticed several of you have talked about how nice the leopard is in pro plastic. I'm currently throwing a dx leo...does the pro seem to fly differently or is it just more of a grip/durability issue?

I think it flies pretty much just like DX, but with added durability, and maybe a touch more LSS. I bought a used 166 Pro Leo awhile back and have used it a lot since then, several tree hits etc. It's still pretty warp free, and flying great! If you like a DX Leopard, you must get a couple in Pro!

I don't understand why everybody is discounting the fact that the disc itself may be a factor. We have all had experiences with a disc that does not come as advertised. I have a 163 pro beast that was freakishly overstable out of the box. I was carrying max weight champion beast at the time and bought the pro plastic hoping for a more understable counterpart.

If you want to know if it is you or the disc, hand it to an experienced player and ask them to test drive it for you. They will be able to tell you if you have a fluke disc or whether it is a simple case of it not being the right mold for you at this stage (maybe a bit of both).

BTW - after a year of using that beast for spike hyzers and big headwinds it beat into my most reliable driver. I have to wonder if it was a mislabeled as it flew similarly to a my max weight DX Starfire.

I don't understand why everybody is discounting the fact that the disc itself may be a factor. We have all had experiences with a disc that does not come as advertised. I have a 163 pro beast that was freakishly overstable out of the box. I was carrying max weight champion beast at the time and bought the pro plastic hoping for a more understable counterpart.

If you want to know if it is you or the disc, hand it to an experienced player and ask them to test drive it for you. They will be able to tell you if you have a fluke disc or whether it is a simple case of it not being the right mold for you at this stage (maybe a bit of both).

BTW - after a year of using that beast for spike hyzers and big headwinds it beat into my most reliable driver. I have to wonder if it was a mislabeled as it flew similarly to a my max weight DX Starfire.

Because not being able to throw distance drivers 300' is something wrong with the thrower's techique. Physical limitations not with standing.

I have met more new players lately with only one disc and it's a Beast. I personally don't like my Beast.

But is there some DG Gnome out there getting new players to buy a Beast?

I have met more new players lately with only one disc and it's a Beast. I personally don't like my Beast.

Yeah, what's up with that? I find a ton of Beasts out on the course... moreso than other types. Usually in Champ plastic, though.

Personally, I love Pro plastic. I never gave it a chance until a few months ago and I'm actually very impressed with the durability. It's like a perfect middle-ground between DX and Star.

Pro plastic is my absolute favorite plastic type out of any brand.

Pro Destroyers are the ****tttt.

My technique?

When I started I could only throw less than 50'.. These guys showed me some stuff and I automatically jumped up to over 120'. I went back and worked some of the stuff they told me then I could soon do over 150'. I need to work on some things still I know. I need to focus more and think about the shot. I've been known to rush things so lately I've gone out to an open baseball field and I can take my time. I did it once and my discs go maybe 160' now. I'm slowly getting better and I think it is just about time. I will get the Leopard in Pro. Thank you all for helping!!

Sorry I messed up. I meant 200' but that is my max. I have thrown it maybe once. Practice makes perfect though.. I'm having fun but want to get better.

I think a big part of this is places like mc sports and dicks sporting goods carry about 5 discs: beast, valk, wolf, aero, eagle. And for whatever reason people seem to like taking on the beast. I took a first-time buyer there because he wanted to go that night and after telling him about 500 times to NOT get the beast.....he grabbed the beast.....and lost it the next day :doh:

As for the pro plastics, I prefer my mid-ranges or fairway drivers to be in that plastic because of the extra glide they can give you if they are thrown right. I have a pro starfire and a champion starfire and I can throw the pro one perfectly straight and it will go about 75 feet farther than the champ.

I love pro plastic for glide, but I always blame the person if they cannot throw a disc. I sometimes do a one disc challenge where the other guy will pick a disc for you to throw. Doing challenges like this I have learned to throw everything, maybe not good, but at least figured them out.