• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Texas Winning?

chalos13

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Ok so my % complete says there are 3,194 courses listed in the US on this site. When I search Texas I get 225 courses. I started thinking of states that are large and got close with California having 182, Iowa is apparently a good place for DG as well. The entire nation of Canada only has 123 (but beating Canada isn't really an accomplishment). My question is are we winning? Is there another state I'm not thinking of that has more courses that my beloved Lonestar State?

Well, Michigan has 161, but we're shaped like a hand and we have Discraft. So that automatically adds like 100 to the score.

i figured wisconsin would be up there, too lazy to check the numbers though.

ohio is on the way up. when i started there were only 80-90 courses and three years later there are about 130 with many more in the works

Only one state has 2 in the top 10 Favorited and in the Cincy area alone 3 in the top 10 played and reviewed. :) That state would be the Bluegrass state KY!

Last edited:
Of course I will say Iowa is winning not only because I am from there, but size and population wise, we have a very high percentage of course to land/people ratio. Factor that in and Iowa will win for sure. Texas certainly does have it's share of excellent courses though.

Only one state has 2 in the top 10 Favorited and in the Cincy area alone 3 in the top 10 played and reviewed. :) That state would be the Bluegrass state KY!

jelly is the only good thing that came from KY

I am not very good with the old smiley face/hand clap icon yet. But with a little hard work and dedication I will do it like the old heads.

Texas is definitely top with the most courses. After Texas I think the order is California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa. Texas is a huge state though. If you combined WI, MN, and IA it would probably be about the same size as Texas. If you want the most bang for your buck.....disc golf the upper midwest.

Latest posts