• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a putter that fits what I'm looking for?

JoelV

Hello

My bag is a revolving door when it comes to putters. Otherwise it is solid. I guess I've just not found what I'm looking for yet.

I've tried wizards challengers zone rhyno focus.

I really enjoy the rhyno as something that I can drive off tee approach and at times putt with. However the rhyno really gets in my head when putting a decen ways away since it is such a brick. So at the moment I'm approching with and driving off tee on shorter holes with the rhyno and mainly putting with the focus. I would love to find one disc to cover this but realize it is unlikely.

So basically is there a low profile beaded putter with more glide than a rhyno and possibly stability of a buzzz or slightly more stable?

I was looking at a classic roc and a magnet as low profile putters. Would either of these be good?

Thank you.

Hello

My bag is a revolving door when it comes to putters. Otherwise it is solid. I guess I've just not found what I'm looking for yet.

I really enjoy the rhyno as something that I can drive off tee approach and at times putt with. However the rhyno really gets in my head when putting a decen ways away since it is such a brick. So at the moment I'm approching with and driving off tee on shorter holes with the rhyno and mainly putting with the focus. I would love to find one disc to cover this but realize it is unlikely.

So basically is there a low profile beaded putter with more glide than a rhyno and possibly stability of a buzzz or slightly more stable?

I was looking at a classic roc and a magnet as low profile putters. Would either of these be good?

Thank you.

KC Aviar?

Try out a Banger-GT. I love my ESP Banger off the tee. I don't use it to putt much. I like my SS Wizard for that. But if you can get a z or ESP banger GT and pair it with a soft or pro-d one, that'd probably work.

Wizards are good off the tee if you can control them. It's not overstable so it shows flaws a bit more. I would honestly suggest learning to throw a wizard, challenger, or focus for these shots as well. It will be very beneficial to your game later down the road.

I denied it at the beginning (didn't even use putters cause MIDS ARE BETTER[note that was just my mindset lol]), lately I carry tons of putters in casual rounds to keep working on it. I love putters more than anything lol.

feel the discs and are you spin or push putting.

my advice! go with spin putting. in the long run i feel that you have a better chance of getting hot and making a ton of putts. with push putting you need to learn wind and distance is tougher. not saying it is impossible but i make a lot more putts from 27 feet with a spin putt than a push putt. just think about it and try the magic. it is really a great disc and super cheap.

KC Aviar?

Yeah, what the champ says. The KC Aviar has the same wing as the Rhyno, just with a different top. It has more glide. It is a fantastic driving and approaching putter and putting putter if you're used to the more stable spectrum of putters.

if you really like Rhynos and are looking for something similar but not as beefy try a Ringer, same low profile

Hello

Thank you.

I was using the rhyno for control drives and annys that hold the line and finish flat, and also the classic aviar for putting and turnover/uphill drives. Then I switched to the wizard, but I still didn't feel that it quite filled all of these needs perfectly. Then I tried the judge. Judge it is. The end.

I also suggest the Banger GT. Feels low profile with the groove top. I drive with ESP and putt with the Pro D's

I think the yeti or aforementioned kc aviar would be what your looking for, or jk aviar if the previous are too stiff.

So the kc jk yeti aviars are all based on the aviar driver mold just in different feeling plastics? How soft or firm they are?

I think I have a jk aviar hanging around. Maybe I will dig it out and try it tomorrow morning.

Ridge is low profile, stable to slightly overstable, and great off the tee. It doesn't have a ton of glide, but I wouldn't call it a brick either.

I noticed the putters you mentioned are all fairly stable. Have you tried an understable putter,j just for kicks?

So the kc jk yeti aviars are all based on the aviar driver mold just in different feeling plastics? How soft or firm they are?

I think I have a jk aviar hanging around. Maybe I will dig it out and try it tomorrow morning.

KC Pro are firm
JK Pro are soft
Yetis are concave and kind of rubbery.

They are all big bead Aviars, yes. (I think, can't remember about the Yetis)

For your actual problem, I need a lot more info before I can throw out suggestions.

What didn't you like about the putters you've already tried?

KC Pro are firm
JK Pro are soft
Yetis are concave and kind of rubbery.

They are all big bead Aviars, yes. (I think, can't remember about the Yetis)

For your actual problem, I need a lot more info before I can throw out suggestions.

What didn't you like about the putters you've already tried?

The yeti does have a big bead, albeit with a much more concave(but the same mold wise) top than the KC or JK aviar.

If I'm reading you right (more of an OS beaded low profile putter with glide, try an Ion? Great thrower and putter. Not as OS as the Rhyno, but stoopid glide. Ions knocked the Yeti pros out of my putter pocket.

Vibram has some very noce beaded putter and very flat. Not glide machines, but probably more than a Rhyno.

I agree with this comment. I really love the Vibram putters and carry all but the Sole in my bag. I primarily putt with the Summit which is the understable putter, but it goes so stright for so long and may work amazingly well at distance for you. I usually throw ridges off the tee because you can shape them to do just about whatever you want. I generally approach with VPs because tey are so stinking predictable. Only the Summit is really low profile.