• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this a stolen basket?

It's a Newer basket. all newer DISCatchers have a serial number on the band. There's a way to track it back to the original purchaser if you call innova east. That way it can be returned to it's original owner.

Whitehall missing 2

We are missing two Discatchers that were ganked a couple years ago. That thing is def hot. Bust that scumbag

We are missing two Discatchers that were ganked a couple years ago. That thing is def hot. Bust that scumbag

I mean Whitehall to Ann Arbor is about 2 hour 45 minute drive, let alone the work and the car that could fit two of those in it seems like the gas, work and heat it would bring would be almost worthless for the whole thing. selling em 100 bucks a pop. I doubt these are from there.....

I would suspect that most basket thefts are crimes of opportunity. While its unlikely that someone would drive three hours just to steal a basket, have you guys perhaps considered that the people who are selling the basket well, might not be the same people who stole it.

Consider the scenario that it may have been passed to another party and its not that far out to consider that it might be several hours from its original location.

So I wouldn't just check Michigan courses. Courses in northern Indiana or Ohio might be missing some Discatchers too. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if these have indeed been stolen, that they traveled even further.

Guy sold a basket 2 months ago. Then he re-lists another basket on CL using the same pics as the first one he sold 2 months ago. This guy is getting baskets from somewhere, and a somewhat nearby course has had half it's baskets stolen. hhhmmm....

I f'ing hate basket thieves.

then someone toss a brick on the dudes windshield :D

I contacted the said individual a couple of days ago. He said that he has 2 more baskets, and 5 guys behind me on a list wanting them. He also stated that if I wanted a good chanch of getting one, I should offer more than a $100. I told him to pi$$ up a rope and haven't heard back from him. Go figure...:doh:

I contacted the said individual a couple of days ago. He said that he has 2 more baskets, and 5 guys behind me on a list wanting them. He also stated that if I wanted a good chanch of getting one, I should offer more than a $100. I told him to pi$$ up a rope and haven't heard back from him. Go figure...:doh:

They are for sure stolen from somewhere then!!

It's a Newer basket. all newer DISCatchers have a serial number on the band. There's a way to track it back to the original purchaser if you call innova east. That way it can be returned to it's original owner.

if I pay for it... look up the serial number to give it back to it's original ownwer what?!! why bother buying it then?

if I pay for it... look up the serial number to give it back to it's original ownwer what?!! why bother buying it then?

You could just go "I want to check out the basket in person" and then don't buy it, but while looking it over find the serial number.

yes, but it would be a waste of my spare time trying to be a "disc golf dick"(p.i.). I think I'll leave that to the people who have nothing better to do.

Yea this guy is clearly stealing baskets. :mad:

The multiple posts of the original picture is so sketchy. Maybe it's like a pre-order, once someone offers enough money they get it fresh out the ground. Watch for missing baskets if more sell.

Theres plenty more than that.
I forgot about these when I said there weren't any before... cuz they suck and I don't play them:
Larwence Tech
Jayne Lasky
Wyandotte

and
Seymour Lake (which doesn't suck at all).

I think that's it for Discatchers in the area though, and unless they replaced a basket with a new one (not likely at Jayne/Lasky) isn't the pictured basket too new to have come from one of thoose courses?

I forgot about these when I said there weren't any before... cuz they suck and I don't play them:
Larwence Tech
Jayne Lasky
Wyandotte

and
Seymour Lake (which doesn't suck at all).

I think that's it for Discatchers in the area though, and unless they replaced a basket with a new one (not likely at Jayne/Lasky)...

You could add Flint YMCA and Holland Woods if we're talking about SE Michigan.

..isn't the pictured basket too new to have come from one of thoose courses?

Isn't the picture being recycled for multiple baskets? Also I haven't been there in a while but wouldn't be surprised if a basket from Jayne/Lasky looked that new. They get about zero use.

A lot of new Discatchers for sale in the Ann Arbor area lately...

basket_zpsd320098e.jpg

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/spo/3613126403.html