• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Is your first disc still bagged and being used?

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
A few years ago I asked if people still owned their first disc they ever bought or traded for, but now I'm curious as to who actually still USES or has their "First" still in the bag? I'm not looking for a thread full of "No I don't" answers, so please only respond IF you still have your first ever disc in your bag yet (I'm more interested in people who have been playing awhile, 1 year+, as newer players more than likely are still on the same disc or set)

• So if you answered yes, what disc is it and what do you use it for? (Also any good stories about the disc such as where/why you bought it)

----------------​

I'll start it off, I still have my first driver ever bought in my bag (Pre-Kenny Star wraith) that I use quite often for OH shots as well as FH shots to get out of trouble. I have "lost" this disc in the water a few times and had to swim out to get it a few times. I've told myself if I ever completely lose this disc that I may retire altogether :eek:

I bought it because I thought a "star wraith" sounded noobishly cool to me almost 9 years ago. I'm glad I held onto it. :)

notimpressed.png

Last edited:
I don't even know what my first disc was.

I think it was an Innova starter set. I still have all three discs: the Leopard is cracked and retired, the Shark and Aviar P&A are buried in a box in my basement.

It also could have been an Archangel. I cracked that one a long time ago. It ended up in the trash.

What I can say for certain is that whatever disc was my first, it is definitely not in the bag any more.

YES I DO!
Very first disc I bought was a 150g champ sidewinder, very used from a course shop.
I was able to throw it very well right when I started DG.
I didn't carry it for awhile after getting more discs and playing more, but I have recently put it back in permanently.
It's an amazing roller disc, but I've gotten to a point where I can even throw it in narrow woods with usefulness.
My 2nd disc purchase was a 175g star sidewinder, which is my main driver.
I love both discs.

I finally re-bagged my first disc because I started to get better at rollers, and because I now favor the touch game as opposed to forcing myself at every throw.

I lost all the first discs I had...but they were all discs I found while walking the dog.

The first discs I ever bought were four used ones from a buddy. Star Destroyer, Star Firebird, Star Orc and a KC Aviar. Lost the Destroyer and Firebird (but still carry both in my bag, just a different disc), lost the KC, and the Star Orc is still my favorite disc and gets used every round (also have a backup now).

I would bet a lot of people's first discs ended up being their first lost disc as well.

My first disc has unfortunately been lost to time. My second, a beat 150g DX Eagle, still sits in my closet. I don't think I'd bring it back into the bag but it might be fun to try sometime.

I started off lightweight in base plastic and understable. I can't keep those in the air long anymore. The wife throws them.

i do still have my first but its not bagged.. was a 150g DX Shark .. thing is so beat now there isnt enough hyzer in the world to keep it from flipping

Okay this thread is getting off track, I just want to know if if YOU STILL HAVE YOUR FIRST DISC BAGGED OR NOT.

A few years ago I asked if people still owned their first disc they ever bought or traded for, but now I'm curious as to who actually still USES or has their "First" still in the bag? I'm not looking for a thread full of "No I don't" answers, so please only respond IF you still have your first ever disc in your bag yet (I'm more interested in people who have been playing awhile, 1 year+, as newer players more than likely are still on the same disc or set)

First 3 discs, ordered from GGGT:
X-Putt'r
Z-Buzzz
Z-Xpress

I use the Putt'r as a catch disc
I occasionally bag the Buzzz
The Xpress magically disappeared from storage. (or I left it on the practice field)

Hopefully I didn't ruin the thread having received 3 at one time.

My first disc is a DX Raven I purchased from Wal-Mart. I purchased it because it said ultra long range driver, meaning that I could instantly throw further than everyone else who was teaching me how to play. It sounded like great logic to someone who had only been playing for two days.

This was something like 8 or 9 years ago. I still have the disc because my daughter, who was only 4 or 5 at the time wrote something special on it for me on the bottom. I took it out 5 or so years ago just to see how it still flew, but it was the flippiest thing I had ever touched. Mind you I was over-torquing the Boss and such at the time, so the Raven had no chance. I have not thrown it since.

I can't respond to this thread. Oh well too late,

My first disc was a dark green driver like disc back in the early 90's. It was a hard and slick plastic with a black stamp. I played with my Dad and he had a Blue disc. I still wonder what I was throwing back then. They were also both lost back at that time so no it's not bagged. :D

At this point I am shocked half the people around here have the capacity to "log in". :eek:

My first disc was a Star TL, a poor choice for a first disc since after throwing it I didn't really start playing until a few years later. Wish I had started being serious after the purchase so I could be 8 years in now instead of 2.

I still bag it occasionally, but picked up another Star TL that was beat a bit more this summer. It makes the current bag more often, but I will still bring out the Original from time to time if I want something more stable.

First 4 discs all from discgolfstore.com. Nuke SS, Soft Magnet, Z Buzzz and a Pro D Surge. The Surge got real warped and traded in at PIAS, the Magnet and Nuke are in my trunk and the Buzzz is normally in the bag, but I pulled my Buzzzes so I can work on my Panther a bit. It will return tho, along w/its X and Ti brothers :)

It wasn't my first disc, but I got my first pig a few years ago. That thing will never leave my bag!

My first disc was a dx viper... I bought it cause at the time the dodge viper was my favorite car and I just bought one so I could play with my younger brother. It was a rough few outings to say the least.

I can't remember if my first disc was a DX eagle or cobra. They are both old as hell.

The eagle is actually still in my bag and even won me a game this year. It has to be over ten years old.

I even lost the disc for about a year before finding it again on a local course.

Last edited:

Latest posts