• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is your wife cool with DG?

little oz

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am a noob that is totally charged on DG after taking 30 years off from my boyhood course in Huntington Beach, CA. After 3 months, spending money to get a dozen discs and a practice basket for our 1 acre backyard in Colorado,she is now insistent that i go to my home course at Jellystone to play every weekend, so she can hike with me and the dog. Do you all have someone that is so supportive? I'm stoked that she is in to it now, and she's beginning to toss some plates on several holes. I'm a lucky guy. How else have you gotten your non-athletic wife into this sport? She has just been a runner, but nothing else.

Then she's a keeper, man! Usually the wives are pretty apathetic from what I've gathered...we'll see. :)

my girlfriend is very supportive, she knows its like my time with the homies, and likes it cuz its better than sitting in the bar, anywho yea shes a walker, and whenever our schedules match up she will come with me and walk the course, it didnt take long untill she asked to try to throw one of my discs lol, she now has a dx shark and a pink aviar that she plays with, when we both can go! i loves her ! lol

The girl friend is ok with my addiction. It was here before her lol. I can't get her to throw but she will come walk the course with me.

my wife likes dg, and will play with me when she can. I drag her on road trips to play courses 3+ hours away all the time and as long as I take her shopping while we're out she's pretty cool with it. I've pushed my luck recently doing this three weekends in a row. I'd say we'd stay in next weekend but we're going to Hawaii, and yeah I'm definitely going to be playing while there.

Her big thing is the money though, she is not a fan of me spending alot of money on discs, so I try my best to keep it to a minimum

My wife is 100% on board with my DG passion. On tournament weeks, she helps me get scorepointe cards printed and fillled in. Also, she's learning to manage my incoming shipments :)

I'm not married, but my girlfriend is almost as addicted as I am. She's played over 500 courses with me (as far as I can tell that's more than any other woman), and is always supportive of me going out to play even if she doesn't feel like it. :thmbup:

Mashnut,

didn't you tell me you had an account just for your girl to keep track of her courses played?

I think I may need to do this for my wife, even though I have not been to nearly as many courses as you, she's been to almost as many I have, and I think it'd be nice to keep track for her.

My gf does my shipping for me and I guess turns a blind eye to me being gone most weekends and after work during the summer. I set the precedent from the start that I do a lot of stuff by myself. I love spending time with her, but if she were more demanding of my time I'd probably be single again. The great part is we get along great, been with her for over a year and I can't remember one fight. She does her thing and I do mine.

I'm not married, but my girlfriend is almost as addicted as I am. She's played over 500 courses with me (as far as I can tell that's more than any other woman), and is always supportive of me going out to play even if she doesn't feel like it. :thmbup:

that ladies and gents, is called livin the dream

i had started playing dg about 3 months before i met my wife. she almost immediately started playing right after we hooked up and her son loves dg too. my wife helps me run tournaments and leagues. she is very supportive

my girlfriend actually got me started playing this summer. usually she is the one wanting to go look at discs and if i dont pick one up she is always asking "you sure you dont want anything?" we normally play on weekends together at one of the local courses.

My wife has MD and struggles to walk with 2 quad canes. So even if she wanted to she couldn't walk a course. But she supports me going. I want her to see how cool the game is and how much I enjoy it. I think she could do Zilker Park in her power chair but she's afraid to try it. Maybe I should get a good dg video for us to watch togther. Any suggestions on a video that a non-player would enjoy?

My Fiance is cool with me going out, Hopefully my Wife will be cool with it as well...

My wife has MD and struggles to walk with 2 quad canes. So even if she wanted to she couldn't walk a course. But she supports me going. I want her to see how cool the game is and how much I enjoy it. I think she could do Zilker Park in her power chair but she's afraid to try it. Maybe I should get a good dg video for us to watch togther. Any suggestions on a video that a non-player would enjoy?

Under 10 mins and highly entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afCh9F3jaVE

If your looking for tournament vids nothing beats disc golf monthly

http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscGolfMonthlyTV?feature=grec_index

Latest posts