• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@aclay all of the course updates were handled by timg in the past, so there is going to be a certain amount of re-creating the wheel going on. My air conditioning broke last night and I've been a work today, but what you want is the old course RIP'ed and a new course created. I *think* I can do that. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully. I'm just not sure how yet. Hopefully tonight I'll have functional air conditioning and enough time to work on it.
Three Putt: Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope your AC gets working quickly; no one needs be without AC in this heat.

My frustration is not with what is or is not being done as much as it is with the lack of clear communication. I am not the one to make the determination about how the site works. TimG always did that previously; now there are new owners, but they don't seem to understand the process. I used the tools the site gave me to report an issue. The response I got was incomplete and contradicted what the site says should happen. Rather than admit that and say he would work on fixing it, the response from greens made it sound as if I was at fault. This is not the first (or even second) time since the change in ownership that I've had an issue like this.

I've been on this site for a LONG time (member 326) and been active for the past 5-6 years after about a dozen years of mostly lurking. I want the site to be successful, and I do just about everything I can to make that happen: uploading photos, updating course conditions, writing reviews. And, yes, pointing out problems that need to be corrected.

I am happy to continue working to make the site as good as it can be; I just need clear directions.

Three Putt: Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope your AC gets working quickly; no one needs be without AC in this heat.

My frustration is not with what is or is not being done as much as it is with the lack of clear communication. I am not the one to make the determination about how the site works. TimG always did that previously; now there are new owners, but they don't seem to understand the process. I used the tools the site gave me to report an issue. The response I got was incomplete and contradicted what the site says should happen. Rather than admit that and say he would work on fixing it, the response from greens made it sound as if I was at fault. This is not the first (or even second) time since the change in ownership that I've had an issue like this.

I've been on this site for a LONG time (member 326) and been active for the past 5-6 years after about a dozen years of mostly lurking. I want the site to be successful, and I do just about everything I can to make that happen: uploading photos, updating course conditions, writing reviews. And, yes, pointing out problems that need to be corrected.

I am happy to continue working to make the site as good as it can be; I just need clear directions.
I've noticed the same sorts of things, so what we decided today was that I was going to back off the message board and try to step in more with the course side. The notices are there, but we didn't really have a plan on what to do with the course review side notices with Tim gone. So I'll try to be more on top of those reports and try to stay more consistent with how Tim did things to hopefully level off some of that frustration. I'm not Tim, though. I'll never get to things as fast as he did AND I have to figure out this new software so...it's not going to be perfect. I'll try to help bridge the gap, though.

This is not an issue as much as it is a request. I wish there was a "Unique Votes" count indicator for reviewers (even if just for the premium members) when we click on our "reviews" tab. Instead of having to go through each course review and build a spreadsheet to see who has liked your reviews. Though, I admit, I'm not sure how hard this would be to create. I just think it would help reviewers know where they stand chasing Trusted Reviewer levels, help those seeing reviews even more by seeing how helpful the reviewer is, and make it much easier for members to track each other's progress. I'm fine with the course review side of things as is, but adding that would be a huge bonus.

This is not an issue as much as it is a request. I wish there was a "Unique Votes" count indicator for reviewers (even if just for the premium members) when we click on our "reviews" tab. Instead of having to go through each course review and build a spreadsheet to see who has liked your reviews. Though, I admit, I'm not sure how hard this would be to create. I just think it would help reviewers know where they stand chasing Trusted Reviewer levels, help those seeing reviews even more by seeing how helpful the reviewer is, and make it much easier for members to track each other's progress. I'm fine with the course review side of things as is, but adding that would be a huge bonus.

On a related (and equally specialized) note...

As premium member, I am able to view who votes on any of my reviews - and that hasn't changed.

But in the past, the voters were listed chronologically based on when they added their vote (listed Most Recent to Least Recent). This meant that when new vote(s) showed up on an old review, it was easy to identify the voter(s) because they were listed first. And easy to add to the spreadsheet I built for tracking unique voters...

I think this has changed with the new platform. Now when new votes show up for old reviews, they seem to be randomly sprinkled in - and therefore less easy to identify.

If this has in fact changed, would it be possible to go back to the chronological listing of voters on reviews?

Thanks for considering this VERY specialized request.

This would be nice to have, because as HM mentions below, once you go through and list your UP Voters, that can change when anyone goes into any of your reviews and gives it a new vote. Unless, you keep a list of your vote counts, then compare that regularly to the current counts, even I'm not going to that much trouble!!
Yes, a list of unique voters would be nice to see.

i didnt read much of this tbh so if this was covered my apologies

when doing the "browse map" feature having it automatically zoom in is annoying especially when i want to cover large areas quickly to see whats worth hittin up in general rather than zoomed in specifics

which leads me to my next point that i cant seem to find the "mile range" like we used to have that was 125mi max (right now it looks like maybe 50 miles is covered)

right now it keeps zooming me in and wont let me do an expansive search

to clarify every time i click a new spot to browse a new area it automatically keeps zooming me in so i have to keep zooming out and then it auto zooms me in

and so on and so on

and the search its self doesnt cover a large area of miles

dunno if it has been explained, but the sort by rating on the front page isn't sorted properly by rating. it kinda seems like it factors in number of reviews, but that isn't clear & it just makes the list seem wrong. i would think this would be top priority, as it is the landing page & to have something (seem) wrong on the main page calls to question the validity of the whole site.
it is now sorted by rating

Maybe it's just me, but I find the old site's Scorebook data entry screen much faster to use. I'd set focus on hole #1's score and could quickly enter a whole round of scores with a sequence like: 3, down-arrow, 2, down-arrow, 3, down-arrow, etc.. The down-arrow changed focus to the next hole. Repeat that sequence for putts.

The new site's data entry screen has spinner boxes, and the arrow keys just spin the score/putt number. Changing focus requires multiple Tabs to get to the next line/hole or cumbersome mouse clicks.

I've faithfully put almost every round I've ever played into the DGCR scorebook, but without a quicker/easier way to shift focus this new interface could be the end of the line for that streak.
done , please try and let me know if it is working as desired

Submitted first round since fix. It did seem to fix overall rating but many of my courses played average ratings are still waaay off! For example at my most played course Pioneer Park it says my average rating is 129 when it was in the low 900's before the update. Also when clicking on a course in Scorebook it used to bring up all my previous rounds played at just that course. I miss this and hope you bring it back. 5+ years of meticulous scorebook keeping at 150+ courses kinda F'ed up now… frustrating!
This should be fixed now

you have it now
1690485874596.png

On a related (and equally specialized) note...

As premium member, I am able to view who votes on any of my reviews - and that hasn't changed.

But in the past, the voters were listed chronologically based on when they added their vote (listed Most Recent to Least Recent). This meant that when new vote(s) showed up on an old review, it was easy to identify the voter(s) because they were listed first. And easy to add to the spreadsheet I built for tracking unique voters...

I think this has changed with the new platform. Now when new votes show up for old reviews, they seem to be randomly sprinkled in - and therefore less easy to identify.

If this has in fact changed, would it be possible to go back to the chronological listing of voters on reviews?

Thanks for considering this VERY specialized request.
Done , please note cached data won't update unless you get a new vote

to clarify every time i click a new spot to browse a new area it automatically keeps zooming me in so i have to keep zooming out and then it auto zooms me in

and so on and so on

and the search its self doesnt cover a large area of miles
it will no longer zoom automatically , adjusting search radius will be available in a future update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts