• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. the blank map^ is fixed. but that course still doesn't show up for me: 1696534117005.png

all fixed. thanks. :)

Attachments

• 1696534522424.png
    1696534522424.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
One issue I'd like to see fixed is the ability in the scorebook to actually USE the 'special round' 'other' features we used to have. For instance, being able to pull up the tee layout and add in the extra temp holes you just played. Right now, you can't even add ANY extra holes. We used to be able to double the original number of holes.

I've tried to record every hole I've ever thrown. Currently cannot.

One other scorebook option I've always wanted to see is a 'dummy' course just for the scorebook users who play unlisted courses.

Is there a way to see the "change history" of a course?
With the old web site, you could look up and see who changed what on a course page.

I would sometimes use this to find out when the last time a course was updated. I just came across a "practice area" I was not aware of. when I wanted to see when it was added and discovered there is no way to figure this out, or at least I can't find it at the moment.

anyways, back to adding media, got 7 more courses to update from yesterday.

Is there a way to see the "change history" of a course?
With the old web site, you could look up and see who changed what on a course page.

I would sometimes use this to find out when the last time a course was updated. I just came across a "practice area" I was not aware of. when I wanted to see when it was added and discovered there is no way to figure this out, or at least I can't find it at the moment.

anyways, back to adding media, got 7 more courses to update from yesterday.
I could have sworn there was at one point. I agree it would be nice to have that viewable by logged in users (or at least premium users).

You can see who added the course and when now by going to the "Discussion" tab. That has a forum style post that says "Join the discussion about (course name)." Whatever user name and date accompany that post, are who added the course and when it was added.

@DeanMoriarty and I encountered a weird one.

I'm certain that I added 5-6 photos for this practice area last fall. Ontonagon Township Park But they seem to have vanished (I just reuploaded one of them to test, and so that there was one image of the place available. I don't have the other ones anymore).

I'm pretty sure I also added 2 photos for this other practice area around that same time. Those are gone too, but other photos taken by other users remain. John D Besse Park

I debated whether to even report this since it seems so isolated. Clearly, looking at that second practice area it must not be a universal problem with practice areas. And I uploaded plenty of other photos around that same time that seem fine based on my spot check. Maybe just putting this out there in case anyone else has seen something similar?

@DeanMoriarty and I encountered a weird one.

I'm certain that I added 5-6 photos for this practice area last fall. Ontonagon Township Park But they seem to have vanished (I just reuploaded one of them to test, and so that there was one image of the place available. I don't have the other ones anymore).

I'm pretty sure I also added 2 photos for this other practice area around that same time. Those are gone too, but other photos taken by other users remain. John D Besse Park

I debated whether to even report this since it seems so isolated. Clearly, looking at that second practice area it must not be a universal problem with practice areas. And I uploaded plenty of other photos around that same time that seem fine based on my spot check. Maybe just putting this out there in case anyone else has seen something similar?
I confirm we had some images for this course but they were not carried over for some reason
images attached if you want to repost them

Attachments

• e333fc36.jpg
    e333fc36.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 25e81ea3.jpg
    25e81ea3.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 8763f015.jpg
    8763f015.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 0
  • bfb9bd73.jpg
    bfb9bd73.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 0
  • b3868f09.jpg
    b3868f09.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 0
  • 0a2d138e.jpg
    0a2d138e.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 0
  • aeb2cdb6.jpg
    aeb2cdb6.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 71ad79f6.jpg
    71ad79f6.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 0
I could have sworn there was at one point. I agree it would be nice to have that viewable by logged in users (or at least premium users).

You can see who added the course and when now by going to the "Discussion" tab. That has a forum style post that says "Join the discussion about (course name)." Whatever user name and date accompany that post, are who added the course and when it was added.
This feature exists ,, but @greens should adjust permissions

Photo order

On the old version of the page, you could organize the pictures on each hole and if you scrolled though the photo's, they were in the order they were organized.

I just added some Basket to Tee pictures to a course that already had decent photo's of the tee signs and tee boxes. I saw no reason to posted updated photo's because the ones they had were perfect.

But when you pull up the media, it now shows my 9 Basket to Tee photo's first and I don't see a way to change it.

Photo order

On the old version of the page, you could organize the pictures on each hole and if you scrolled though the photo's, they were in the order they were organized.

I just added some Basket to Tee pictures to a course that already had decent photo's of the tee signs and tee boxes. I saw no reason to posted updated photo's because the ones they had were perfect.

But when you pull up the media, it now shows my 9 Basket to Tee photo's first and I don't see a way to change it.

Yeah, we've lost that ordering functionality, at least for now. If it ever comes back, big photo contributors like you are gonna have your work cut out for you....

Yeah, we've lost that ordering functionality, at least for now. If it ever comes back, big photo contributors like you are gonna have your work cut out for you....
I attempt to update every course I play to be as accurate as possible.

This includes uploading pictures I took of the course if mine are better, or more up to date than the old ones.

Tim would delete my photo's if I posted pictures that were too close to the ones already posted. After that, I now only post pictures if mine are better quality, or show the hole differently than the original pictures. Some pictures I have uploaded were 10 years or more newer. It's kind of interesting to see how much a course/hole can change in that time period

Photo order

OK, I've update it .. images are now ordered by hole num

OK, I've update it .. images are now ordered by hole num
That is a lot better and makes more sense.

Now is there a way we can organize them like the old page did?

After I uploaded my course pictures, I would go back and put them in order,

Tee Sign, Tee, Mid-Fairway, Approach, Basket to Tee.

Those are all still the same, however I would sometimes post a picture of a Green, I would just put it in the same format, then change something like "Approach" to "Green"

So I see two options here, if that function could be added back, or maybe just have the display order reflect that order. If that is the case, I would recommend adding "Green" to the list and organizing it like this

Tee Sign
Tee
Mid-Fairway
Approach
Green
Basket to Tee
None

I confirm we had some images for this course but they were not carried over for some reason
images attached if you want to repost them
This is amazing - thank you!! I did repost them.

Reactions: Dev
That is a lot better and makes more sense.

Now is there a way we can organize them like the old page did?

After I uploaded my course pictures, I would go back and put them in order,

Tee Sign, Tee, Mid-Fairway, Approach, Basket to Tee.

Those are all still the same, however I would sometimes post a picture of a Green, I would just put it in the same format, then change something like "Approach" to "Green"

So I see two options here, if that function could be added back, or maybe just have the display order reflect that order. If that is the case, I would recommend adding "Green" to the list and organizing it like this

Tee Sign
Tee
Mid-Fairway
Approach
Green
Basket to Tee
None
You can filter media by hole
1696769506550.png

I think this is equivalent to the old functionality
1696769554447.png

You can filter media by hole

I think this is equivalent to the old functionality
View attachment 320975
Notice in the old page, it says "Change Photo Order" at the bottom, this let you go into the photos and put them in any order you wanted. otherwise they were just in what ever order they were uploaded in. I was always go in and fix it to the order I listed above, usually putting older pictures first unless the hole had changed, then I would change the description to say OG.

In the old days, if a course was redesigned, you would just extinct the old course and add it into the system again. This way any reviews on the old course would be for that design and would not confuse it with the new design.

I have done this with 2 courses recently, but did not do it for one of the last courses I just played this last week. I am not sure how you want to handle those these days.

I think making an old layout extinct and readding the new redesign is the correct thing to do. This way any review or pictures on the old layout stay with that layout and new pic's and reviews go with the new layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.