• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Member Wishlist:
It would be great to filter for most recent up (or down) votes, to see recent activity.

Thank you for your responsiveness throughout this thread!
This seems down the priority list and maybe a bit greedy … but YES! THIS!

Especially for us near-Diamond reviewers. :)

If you click on the date under the title, it will take you to the first post of the thread. If you click on the last post column it will go to the latest post, specifically.
Maybe I'm crazy - but I do not find that to be intuitive. Now that I'm aware of the distinction obviously I'm not impeded in my navigation anymore. But I think it could be done better. The previous convention was...

1. Clicking the thread title took you to the first post.
2. Clicking the icon that presented at start of thread title when there were new posts took you to your first unread post.
3. Clicking the column on the right took you to the most recent post made.

The key here is the distinction between options 1 and 2. It was very visible and clear. I don't think I would have ever, without happening to by accident, realized that clicking the date would take me to the first post in the thread. I don't need it to go back to exactly what it was (as described in the above options). But I think it would improve navigation to create a very clear way to do options 1 and 2 that is visually distinctive.

You should click the arrow on the left to expand hole info and show the editable inputs
That worked.

But the holes are still out of order in the main Holes View.

It appears as though the numbering is still from when the course was first installed as a 9 hole and then 9 more holes were added between holes 5 and 15.
Holes 6 thru 14 show up AFTER 18 instead of after 5.

On the browser I am using right now, on a MacBook running safari, the option+B command or clicking the B icon will put me into bold but it won't remove me from bold. I hit option+B before starting this sentence. The little icon with a B went from green to gray, but as soon as I began typing it went back to green. I clicked the B before starting this sentence. The little icon again went gray, but went back to green as soon as I began typing.

The move to a new paragraph, followed by clicking the B seems to have worked correctly. Hmm

It also worked to move to a new paragraph, followed by typing option+B.

Am I the only person that can enter but not leave bold within a paragraph?

I'm assuming if I use BB code it'll work... this should be bold but this should not. (edit: yep, that worked)

On the browser I am using right now, on a MacBook running safari, the option+B command or clicking the B icon will put me into bold but it won't remove me from bold. I hit option+B before starting this sentence. The little icon with a B went from green to gray, but as soon as I began typing it went back to green. I clicked the B before starting this sentence. The little icon again went gray, but went back to green as soon as I began typing.

The move to a new paragraph, followed by clicking the B seems to have worked correctly. Hmm

It also worked to move to a new paragraph, followed by typing option+B.

Am I the only person that can enter but not leave bold within a paragraph?

I'm assuming if I use BB code it'll work... this should be bold but this should not.
This sentence should be in bold
This sentence should not be bold, but italic.
CMD + B or CMD + I

Be sure Toggle BB Code is enabled, you'll notice more bbcode is showing if it's toggled off.

This sentence should be in bold
This sentence should not be bold, but italic.
CMD + B or CMD + I
I used the wrong word. I meant command, not option, in the initial post. My bad. I have edited the original post to say command+B instead of option.

Back to the issue though....

Are you able to turn off bold within a single paragraph using CMD+B?
I can get it to go away on a new line.

Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. then the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. However when it was rainy, Jane didn't want to get out of the rain, so she had something to drink finally.

Works here.

I'm trying to edit the hole info for shady oaks in Sacramento CA. Used to have the option to edit the holes if there's more than 3 pin position, it no longer allows me to do this. Hole 5 is in pin D position at 535 ft. It doesn't give me the option to edit this anymore. Can you please fix this. I like for the hole info to be accurate for ratings purposes.

Greens said:
Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs. then the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. However when it was rainy, Jane didn't want to get out of the rain, so she had something to drink finally.

Works here.
See video attached.

I am going to type. Now I'm in bold. Shouldn't... crap. dddddd ???
Now it... wait what...
fff
Shit its worse than I thought!
dddddd

View attachment Screen Recording 2023-07-17 at 12.28.40 PM.mov

Things that need to be brought back:

Searching reviews by trusted reviewers only.

Top rated courses be descending from highest rating (instead of randomly high rated courses) and also have a top 10 or 20.

The scorebook (player rating and course average rating) doesn't seem to be calculating things correctly anymore. My DGCR player rating just dropped over 90 points since Saturday, so something is clearly amiss in how the system is (now) calculating player ratings. I helped design that system, so I'd be happy to try to help trouble-shoot it, if that would help. Also, the course average ratings seem to be including rounds that never got ratings to begin with (e.g. because holes were skipped). i.e. The course average rating right now seems to include rounds without ratings as zeros for the average calculation (and they should be skipped instead). This same bug may be affecting player ratings too, but I'm not sure on the cause of the player rating issue.

When you click on someone's name then click reviews you get this (still):

Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.

When you click on someone's name then click reviews you get this (still):

Oops! We ran into some problems.

The requested page could not be found.
This has been reported and is going with the next update.

Where are my routes and trips that I planned that show the lists of courses visited?
Where is the top 25 course bagger list?
Why did the new people change the layout we were all used to seeing?
I paid for the premium membership which is supposed to include the trip planning function. Since that isn't available, I should get a refund for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Probably already noted, however.....

On my profile page, how come I cannot sort my 'played courses' list anymore, whether by location, date played, or rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts