• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense. Thanks for the quick resolution.
I remember you stating after the first system update, that you did a rewrite on a review, and lost your thumb up votes from the original review. Have you written any new reviews since then? Or has it been corrected.

I remember you stating after the first system update, that you did a rewrite on a review, and lost your thumb up votes from the original review. Have you written any new reviews since then? Or has it been corrected.
I wrote one Friday (Pete Henkel DGC). It seems to be functioning normally.

Greens, why can't we see your profile? I was trying to find out when you joined DGCR and what your DGCR number is but it is limited.

Frankly, I'd also like to know how many courses you've played, what year you started playing, and how many courses you've reviewed, among other things. Just being helpful by being honest.
You used to be able to see greens profile. Greens joined sometime in 2022 and had one cores listed on courses played.

I have a feeling that greens is trying to remain anonymous for a while.

My guess is that greens is a disc golfer in some capacity, and probably was a member here for a while.

Maybe one day greens will want to open up a bit more. Not a bad idea for a new thread actually….

Not a complaint necessarily, but I'm curious as to why disc golf review profiles have been "transferred" to dgcr. Did I miss something? I thought dgr was too awesome to be apart of dgcr?

Did this happen when Timg archived the dgr posts years ago? Or is there some other kind of internet wizardry going on? I'm seeing people post on here that says they've been a member since 2005. How can that be if dgcr wasn't around until 2/3 years later.

You used to be able to see who had played every course by clicking on the number of how many members have played the course. Could we get that back too, if it isn't already. It was the same for wishlisted too. That'd be pretty nice, though not top of the list priority-wise.

In the course links/files, when I click on a file, I'm forced to download the file before opening it. We used to be able to open the file from the website without downloading it, which was a lot easier. (never mind, it's only one file - course map on Harmony Bends DGC )

Reactions: Dev
The "Course Info" page lists the course length - e.g., 5,400 - 6,300 ft.

The "Holes" page also lists hole length and overall course length.

The two numbers often do not match. Not sure what the best solution is, because sometimes the "Course Info" page is more accurate, and sometimes the "Holes" page is more accurate.

No hurry, but this has always bugged me.
this is user entered info... you could change if you wanted. i think the course length on the info page should be the longest layout & the shortest layout possible, while the hole info has the current layout added up.

You used to be able to see who had played every course by clicking on the number of how many members have played the course. Could we get that back too, if it isn't already. It was the same for wishlisted too. That'd be pretty nice, though not top of the list priority-wise.
are you talking about a total #, because you can see the who played by clicking on' users' on the course page; there isn't a total added up, so i second this(users totals) with a low priority.

Last edited:
this is user entered info... you could change if you wanted. i think the course length on the info page should be the longest layout & the shortest layout possible, while the hole info has the current layout added up.

This is correct. But I don't particularly like that feature - it would be nice if those numbers were calculated automatically. And there could potentially be min/max distances for each set of tees. But there are probably good reasons to keep it like it is.

Hi Everyone

Disc organiser bags are now working,
I'll take a break for a couple of days and come back to continue working on addressing feature requests and fixing any bugs that may have been reported. Please don't hesitate to keep reporting any issues or suggestions you discover during this time.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Best regards,Dev

New home page looks and works much better. Thanks. Still looks blocky as heck but the content is back. My brain likes lines separating differing content.

are you talking about a total #, because you can see the who played by clicking on' users' on the course page; there isn't a total added up, so i second this(users totals) with a low priority.

I just meant being able to see everyone who played a certain course. It's there in users already 🤦

Still getting used to the different terminology being used. Never thought to click that.

So apparently I don't have privileges to post in Current Events. Does anyone? The latest post there is June 28.

Screen Shot 2023-07-31 at 2.46.59 PM.png

paul reubens waiting GIF

Thanks for letting me know. Could you try now?

RIP Paul R.

I just meant being able to see everyone who played a certain course. It's there in users already 🤦

Still getting used to the different terminology being used. Never thought to click that.
Upper right-hand corner of course information you'll see the total number of members who have played, wish listed, and favorited course. It's there before and after you hit users. So, I guess were all now Diamond or Gold "Users":).

Prior to the changes, Premium Members in the scorecard section could pull up any course they played and see there per hole stats for aces all the way thru triple bogeys, and then others. So a course such as Bayville in Virginia Beach I've played about 450 rounds now, I could see every score for each hole I've played lumped together for a total of 8,100 scores for all tee and basket combinations for 18 holes. Something I enjoyed keeping track of. Will that be coming back?

There was also another section under scorecard that involved pie charts, and graphs that gave month to month progress for same scores, but also other information that I'm not remembering because I hadn't used it in over a year, but perhaps others have.

You guys are doing a great job, and a reminder for myself the headache of updating four mainframes with about 4 dozen peripheral equipment, and other divisions gear. Back in my day on the boats, all with tape drives, and a disc memory set about as big as a fridge.

When the disc organizers are set in a couple of days will I be able to filter or search my discs by manufacture or name of disc

I realize that the various descriptors for members (e.g, "Well Known") are tied to their number of posts. But it strikes me as a flaw every time I see a "New Member" who joined 5+ years ago.

Seems like this is worth a fix. It's minor, but might be off-putting to somebody who doesn't post a lot, but isn't crazy about being "New."

On the other hand, I'd be ok with only two categories: "Well-known Member" and "Lesser Member."

Status
Not open for further replies.