• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few ground rules:
  • Stick to reviewing and commenting on the course and not other reviews/reviewers.
  • Please do not actively promote other courses in your review.
  • A course review is *not* the place to advertise your business/website.
  • Do not give an artificially low/high rating to try to influence the overall rating. Please give an honest rating.
  • Refrain from cursing and/or using profanity in your review.
  • Do not reference any illegal or drug related activities in your review.
  • Only rate a course if you have played a majority of the holes on it.
  • Do not review a course unless you have played it recently (ie. within the last 6-12 months)
* Not abiding by one or more of the rules above may result in the removal of your review from the site.

What makes a good review?
  • Back up that rating with a decent written review. Entering "Good course" as a Pro won't help anybody understand where your rating came from. Tell us why it was a good or bad course in more than 4 words.
  • Be detailed and specific. What was it you liked about the course? What was it that you disliked?
  • Try to judge the course objectively and on its own merits. Not every course deserves a high rating.
  • Remember, a "5" is considered the ultimate. There is absolutely nothing that could be done to improve the course. It is perfect in every possible way.
  • Tips on rating courses objectively
Most of the courses I've played and reviewed have very good reviews that address holes and layouts, but they are a bit dated—some are several years old, but they are still very comprehensive on the course itself.

I've added a review primarily to add updated comments such as new tee pad on 3 or they drained the swamp—that type of information.

With regard to hole details—if the existing reviews are really solid, is it wrong to note that those details are well covered by another reviewer(s)?

Map search function is still glitchy:

1. Whenever I set or clear filters the location reverts to my home location, even if I am searching elsewhere.

2. The "9 or fewer" filter does not work.

Thanks!

What's a Agriculture Community Newwork? Still doesn't show when I search in the play store but the below comes up when I click your link.

View attachment 314694

Same issue in my side. Can't see in the store but the link takes me to it.

Also when I click the link I get the following error: "This app is not available for your device because it was made for an older version of android"

Same issue in my side. Can't see in the store but the link takes me to it.

Also when I click the link I get the following error: "This app is not available for your device because it was made for an older version of android"
When I search in the Play Store it shows up. It is the 3rd entry down in the search.

I asked this lat week and it may have gotten lost in the thread. Will we be getting our achievement badges back, as well as the Hall of Fame for the different badges? I know the achievement badges were a very important part of the old site to many of us.
Thanks

Yes, the badges were one way that DGCR rewarded the people that produced the content here, for free. Nowadays I see little if any appreciation for those providing content. Less content = less time spent here = less revenue for the site's new owners. They don't seem to understand that at all. Yeah, I got a big fat attitude Greens. If you're too thin-skinned to take any criticism you're bound to fail.

Can you explain a bit further?
Maybe I'm wrong, but when I opened the site this morning, there were multiple spam posts/threads. The threads are gone now, but I assume they are bots that manage to get through sign up? And then create a thread and fill it with their spam?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's a nuisance for you.

I was finally able to update the Google Maps location for this course, but the "Nearby Courses" tile on the main Course Info tab is still messed up.

The little marker for this course looks like it is probably correct, but the "nearby" courses all appear to be at (0,0) lat/long (presumably, they don't have the Google Maps location set).

Is this a bug isolated to this specific course, or a larger scale bug?
Going to bump this one, thank you!

I have seen some funky map location-related things on a couple of other courses too.

Going to bump this one, thank you!

I have seen some funky map location-related things on a couple of other courses too.
This bug fixed .. nearby courses should update when location,name or active status changed
I've also updated this course

I can't be the only person who woul like to look at another user's profile to see the reviews they've written.

Nit really sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but...

Having played with quite a few members, and having gotten a feel for quite a few more, they're are a good number of folks whose opinions simply carry a lot more weight with me.

I'd like to be able to pull up their profile and go straight to their reviews to see what they've said about courses I haven't played yet.

If there's a simple way to do that, please tell me how.

When I try to search for a specific member by name, I get...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810-160357.png
    Screenshot_20230810-160357.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 0
I can't be the only person who woul like to look at another user's profile to see the reviews they've written.

Nit really sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but...

Having played with quite a few members, and having gotten a feel for quite a few more, they're are a good number of folks whose opinions simply carry a lot more weight with me.

I'd like to be able to pull up their profile and go straight to their reviews to see what they've said about courses I haven't played yet.

If there's a simple way to do that, please tell me how.

When I try to search for a specific member by name, I get...
So when I go to your profile I'm able to click reviews and then, when I click a course you've reviewed it takes me directly to that review.
So click my avatar and go to my profile. you should be able to click reviews on the left and see the list pop up to the right. clicking on any should take you straight to my review of that course.

If the user has limited their profile, you get that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts