• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not a bug, but yes you can update reviews now without losing votes
Thank you! I guess I can understand the arguments for either approach. The Purist in me argues that the votes should reflect only what's on the page at the time of voting. But the Reviewer in me says I'm just trying to update and improve what I wrote.

Maybe one aspect of being "Trusted" means keeping the original spirit of any review intact even though the words may have been changed. In this case, it's the site management trusting the reviewer.

Thank you! I guess I can understand the arguments for either approach. The Purist in me argues that the votes should reflect only what's on the page at the time of voting. But the Reviewer in me says I'm just trying to update and improve what I wrote.

Maybe one aspect of being "Trusted" means keeping the original spirit of any review intact even though the words may have been changed. In this case, it's the site management trusting the reviewer.
In my case, what I consider a 4 disc (or a 2 disc for that matter) course has changed since I started writing reviews in 2009. The updates I made were just to ratings (unless I talked to the rating in the text, in which case that got updated as well). I'd wanted to do this for years, but there were a few extinct courses or old layouts that I previously couldn't update. I had a 9 hole older layout of a local course at 3.5, which was probably the most overrated in my mind.

Once we were able to update reviews on extinct/old layouts, I was just waiting on confirmation that I wouldn't lose a shit ton of thumbs by adjusting ratings. Didn't seem right to have to give up thumbs on what were helpful reviews 10 years ago just because the quality of courses has improved overall (and I wanted to reflect that in my ratings).

Search map doesn't give any courses. Zero courses in the United States zero courses near me.
Do you have some leftover filters causing no results to come back? That happened to me just yesterday; it might be good to have some of the filters not persist across different visits to the website.

Do you have some leftover filters causing no results to come back? That happened to me just yesterday; it might be good to have some of the filters not persist across different visits to the website.
The bolded.

I really think Dev/greens should make it so the filters clear whenever you close a browser window.

And yeah, spam/bot posts have been a scourge recently.

First time using the search map since the change. Just hit the clean filters button and all is fixed. Thanks

I've seen this mentioned previously by another user, but can we get the option to view a list of all members back that can be sorted by courses player, reviews posted, etc.? Unless I'm missing something, it's not intuitive to find a specific member unless I search forums or recent reviews or a course I know they have reviewed. The current members page has a lot of stuff I feel most folks don't care as much about like birthdays or reaction scores, but I also don't understand the points or reactions scores yet. Can we get a list of all reviewers like on the previous iteration o the site?

Also, should I be able to sort my review list on my profile by location, rating, etc? those titles can be clicked but don't change the order of reviews for me.

seriously can yall please reset the gd search filters once exiting

i had some stuff to do this weekend and got back on dgcr sunday to do my scouring of new courses and i couldnt find anything and it was all cuz the filters saved

this is incredibly annoying

I just realized that course conditions aren't updating from the Android app.

I usually update them each time I play a round and record it in the app. I noticed a couple times when I viewed the course later from web that I hadn't updated the conditions, but assumed that I was just being scatterbrained out on the course.

Everything looks like it's working on the app end when I do the course condition update - but it doesn't get reflected on the site.

So I want to add a course. What information should I be prepared to post?
Do I need to do it all at once or add bits and pieces over time?
Can others edit and add content ( pictures and course conditions)?
I would like to do this the right way..Any help would be appreciated.

So I want to add a course. What information should I be prepared to post?
Do I need to do it all at once or add bits and pieces over time?
Can others edit and add content ( pictures and course conditions)?
I would like to do this the right way..Any help would be appreciated.
First, make sure that it isn't already in the database by doing a search.

Then, use the "Add course" button on the Courses page to add the course. You should be prepared to fill in most of what appears on the "course info" tab of the listing for an existing course all initially. So things like the course name, number of holes, type of baskets, Google maps location, etc.

That's all that is required to create the course listing. The hole info and pictures are nice-to-haves, but they can come later and/or from other users. Other users can also edit the course info that you put in later, for the most part.

Finally, I'll say that there is some debate within the community but some users, myself included, feel that courses should not be added unless you have personally played them. But this last part is not a rule, more of an ongoing debate. 😁

Hope that helps!

Brand new course. Nobody has played it. I have played a few of the holes.. I can go play it then add the course. Baskets were installed yesterday and today. All tee signs are in. Course sign isn't in yet .
Teepads are all ready for play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts