• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wiped all spam and banned. You'll have to wait for Dev (or Greens) to speak up regarding the back end.

Please report spam immediately I don't always have dgcr open but I'll be notified and handle accordingly.

Thanks
Wasn't sure if the "Mods" had that ability. Does the report button goes Mods and Admins.?

Oh, and Thank You!

Now that the spam is handled, back to an issue I saw earlier and put in my survey, we need more actual review content on the front page, not just the 5 most recent. At least the 11 most recent like before... if not even more. After that I'm more than happy to click through to find more reviews, but I don't care about recently added hole tips or other people's rounds, and honestly upcoming tournaments could be moved a bit lower on the page.

Reviews are the main point of this site, and as I'm still hunting for lots of unique thumbs, it makes me want to wait to post my reviews until this is fixed so I don't risk low exposure to my reviews... and yet I posted one tonight anyway. (That's ok, I still have two waiting in the wings.)

Now that the spam is handled, back to an issue I saw earlier and put in my survey, we need more actual review content on the front page, not just the 5 most recent. At least the 11 most recent like before... if not even more. After that I'm more than happy to click through to find more reviews, but I don't care about recently added hole tips or other people's rounds, and honestly upcoming tournaments could be moved a bit lower on the page.

Reviews are the main point of this site, and as I'm still hunting for lots of unique thumbs, it makes me want to wait to post my reviews until this is fixed so I don't risk low exposure to my reviews... and yet I posted one tonight anyway. (That's ok, I still have two waiting in the wings.)
100% agree. At this point I have some other small bugs (some previously reported, some not yet reported) but I think the biggest thing that needs more thought/work is the home page. I think there is misalignment between what the home page focuses on (new content in all areas, including some areas that don't really have a lot of new content) and what most of the active/longtime users feel that the site focuses on (reviews like Surge said, and top rated courses).

I appreciate the incremental tweaks like adding the "more reviews" button but as I have said before, I do feel like it needs another larger-scale rethink.

Thank you!

Alright, so besides the bots...

I haven't really browsed the map too much since the update. My shit is/has been planned well in advance.

A few things.

I love green as a color. But when clicking on a course on the map it has a misty looking part that goes up into the pic for the course. It essentially blurs the bottom half of the pic. This turns out to actually be about the worst color possible for this theme too, since 99% of course pics are summertime and basically all green. Looks awful.

The white header with the played, wishlisted, favorited is white and at the top. Which on the top of course photos is the sky. Again, unseeable.

Filters NEED to reset. Put this at the top of the list.

Having the number of holes and course availability ABOVE the the course conditions is a no go too. All the course info should be below the current course conditions imo.

🤔

100% agree. At this point I have some other small bugs (some previously reported, some not yet reported) but I think the biggest thing that needs more thought/work is the home page. I think there is misalignment between what the home page focuses on (new content in all areas, including some areas that don't really have a lot of new content) and what most of the active/longtime users feel that the site focuses on (reviews like Surge said, and top rated courses).

I appreciate the incremental tweaks like adding the "more reviews" button but as I have said before, I do feel like it needs another larger-scale rethink.

Thank you!

I've made similar comments, and agree that reviews are getting too little "real estate" on the homepage. I also held off on submitting reviews for a while, and finally decided to just go with the flow when I put up Faylor Lake on Tuesday - and it was off the front page by the end of the day (it's a damn 5.0! I feel like the course deserves more attention!).

And as much as I agree that some things on the homepage feel to me like they deserve less attention (upcoming tournaments, hole tips), I'm also wondering if it's ME who needs to change - to let this play out, let the traffic and the site administrators worry about it, and continue to contribute reviews. They might not get the same immediate attention they used to, but they're there for interested parties to view and maybe upvote. Case in point, my most recent unique voter came on my Muddy Run review posted six months ago.

There's SO MUCH good about the new site, and the development team has been so responsive to so many requests. I think I've actually received more uniques more quickly since the change than I had for a long time. And I've been impressed by how many new names I'm seeing reporting rounds, joining in threads, etc. All good things for the health of the site.

Every new review posted is an indication that somebody finds value here (and the enjoyment of writing a review, for whatever reason). Again, NOT disagreeing with these comments. Just admitting that I'm gonna go with the flow, and have confidence that it will continue to improve.

I've made similar comments, and agree that reviews are getting too little "real estate" on the homepage. I also held off on submitting reviews for a while, and finally decided to just go with the flow when I put up Faylor Lake on Tuesday - and it was off the front page by the end of the day (it's a damn 5.0! I feel like the course deserves more attention!).

And as much as I agree that some things on the homepage feel to me like they deserve less attention (upcoming tournaments, hole tips), I'm also wondering if it's ME who needs to change - to let this play out, let the traffic and the site administrators worry about it, and continue to contribute reviews. They might not get the same immediate attention they used to, but they're there for interested parties to view and maybe upvote. Case in point, my most recent unique voter came on my Muddy Run review posted six months ago.

There's SO MUCH good about the new site, and the development team has been so responsive to so many requests. I think I've actually received more uniques more quickly since the change than I had for a long time. And I've been impressed by how many new names I'm seeing reporting rounds, joining in threads, etc. All good things for the health of the site.

Every new review posted is an indication that somebody finds value here (and the enjoyment of writing a review, for whatever reason). Again, NOT disagreeing with these comments. Just admitting that I'm gonna go with the flow, and have confidence that it will continue to improve.
I have the same overall mindset, for sure! Like I said before, at the end of the day I don't really care if I'm getting 5 thumbs up per review when I used to get 15. The trade off has been worth it. But in my case I just felt like I needed to be a little firmer than I was previously, that I DO think the home page needs more thought. The new site is better in so many ways, I just want to see it keep improving. 😁

A few things.

Having the number of holes and course availability ABOVE the the course conditions is a no go too. All the course info should be below the current course conditions imo.

🤔
This was a well thought out and detailed list, but IMNSHO this last point could've been first.

Noticed I have a large number of "solutions" attributed to me tonight. Over a billion is a large number. What did I solve?

Solutions:

How exactly can I prevent DGCR from sending me emails? I have tried Preferences, Alerts and just about everything in my profile options to make it stop and it wont. I dont want emails from this site. Never had before not sure why I get 100s now.

Second, is there a spot to delete my account permanently? Thanks

Second, is there a spot to delete my account permanently? Thanks
No, just don't log in, and the account goes dormant.

How exactly can I prevent DGCR from sending me emails? I have tried Preferences, Alerts and just about everything in my profile options to make it stop and it wont. I dont want emails from this site. Never had before not sure why I get 100s now.
What type of emails are you getting?

Not really an issue, but why is it necessary to have the owner listed when i view my discs? I'm the owner. we all know that. it's just weird to see my name/avatar over and over again.

Capture2.JPG

Just following up from my initial reply. Discs previously listed as Lost are not there anymore. They were before until recently (apparently). Yes, they initially were there after the redesign took effect. Discs on the Loose tab actually are in bags (or crates or practice baskets aka as Bags). Still listed as Loose and won't change no matter how hard I try.

Just following up from my initial reply. Discs previously listed as Lost are not there anymore. They were before until recently (apparently). Yes, they initially were there after the redesign took effect. Discs on the Loose tab actually are in bags (or crates or practice baskets aka as Bags). Still listed as Loose and won't change no matter how hard I try.
This has been fixed .. we will have more updates to this page to make it better

Not sure if mobile app issues go here but -

- some of the courses last I check still show unknown location when browsing the map
- none of the pictures on any courses will display for me - it used to be even trying to go to them crashed the app, but now it will load them all with Xs instead of pictures
- updating course conditions appears to work on the app but doesn't actually push to the DGCR site last I tried

On the website side, not an issue but as others have mentioned it would be nice to be able to sort your own reviews/others reviews by rating and number of thumbs up like used to be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts