• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile course map used to be navigated with one finger, but now is two. I can't get used to it.

Anyway to offer an option (if not already available) to switch back to 1-finger map nav.

Seriously ruined a recent bagging trip. I gave up trying to futz around with the map and just went to a pool. :|

This right here. It's borderline unusable on mobile. I usually have everything I'm going to play already planned out. But if I have extra time I'll browse the map to see what else is around. My last trip I just used Udisc for that.

Mobile course map used to be navigated with one finger, but now is two. I can't get used to it.

Anyway to offer an option (if not already available) to switch back to 1-finger map nav.

Seriously ruined a recent bagging trip. I gave up trying to futz around with the map and just went to a pool. :|

This right here. It's borderline unusable on mobile. I usually have everything I'm going to play already planned out. But if I have extra time I'll browse the map to see what else is around. My last trip I just used Udisc for that.
You guys crack me up. Sure it's annoying when you get the "hey dummy, use two fingers to pan" message, but let's have some perspective. You have a computer in your pocket with info on the dg courses around your current location. With GPS directions, reviews and ratings. Sure beats a spiral bound course directory and a Rand Mcnally road atlas.

You guys crack me up. Sure it's annoying when you get the "hey dummy, use two fingers to pan" message, but let's have some perspective. You have a computer in your pocket with info on the dg courses around your current location. With GPS directions, reviews and ratings. Sure beats a spiral bound course directory and a Rand Mcnally road atlas.

I mean does it though? Are things that loose around here now? You should only need one digit to do some thorough fingering.

Plus not everything needs to be spiral bound nowadays.

Attachments

• IMG_20230831_003714231.jpg
    IMG_20230831_003714231.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
However the map is manipulated should be consistent between the "searching for courses" map and the "courses played / wishlist" map. Moving the map, zooming in/out, etc.

Yeah, the two finger map nav is a deal breaker for me.

I just ran into a weird issue in my disc organizer where the page number keeps increasing even if I click Page 1. It means I have no way of going back to page 1 without manually editing the URL, or navigating to a separate page first. I think when I'm on page 2 (or a later page), clicking the page number adds another page tag to the URL, that is /members/pevio.93781/discs?type=all&page=2?page=2

On mobile, Android, I am now having to log in each time I open up the app.

When I do a course map search and filter for a rating of 3.5 and above the filter lets through a bunch of courses with ratings from 3.0 to 3.5. This is the case whether I search for 3.5 to "any", or 3.5 to 5.0.

Edit: Strangely, filtering for 4.0 and above seems to work fine. Maybe need another digit in the filter algorithm?

Edit #2: Also, when I change the filter or distance to search, the search point "X" changes location (but thankfully not to my home location as it was doing before.

These are features I use frequently so a fix would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Last edited:
Also also - Do you have an estimate when the old achievement levels might be restored? There included:

Courses played;
States played;
Countries played;
New courses added;
Reviews submitted;
Course pictures, files, and links added;
Course condition updates;
Etc.

I know quite a few folks who work to achieve these goals, so restoring them could help keep people engaged with the site.

I also know quite a few folks (including me) who try to play top 10 courses and top state courses, so making those lists easier to find would also be much appreciated.

Thanks!

When openi g a forum page and using "jump to new" will it jump to unread posts on previous pages? I'm wondering if it goes to the newest unread on the page you're on....

Also also - Do you have an estimate when the old achievement levels might be restored? There included:

Courses played;
States played;
Countries played;
New courses added;
Reviews submitted;
Course pictures, files, and links added;
Course condition updates;
Etc.

I know quite a few folks who work to achieve these goals, so restoring them could help keep people engaged with the site.

I also know quite a few folks (including me) who try to play top 10 courses and top state courses, so making those lists easier to find would also be much appreciated.

Agree with both of these points. 👍

This has been fixed .. we will have more updates to this page to make it better
I decided to print/copy the information about the not-loose discs stuck on the Loose tab. Delete them and then add them back. At first, Loose said it was empty. Then mysteriously, another disc (not part of the original issue) has automatically moved into Loose. This is very weird...

Apologies if these issues have been noted already:
-Distance Total no longer appears when printing scorecards.
-Location Allow/Block pop-up appears every time the screen changes no matter what answer is given, very annoying.

The "recent" course hole tips on the main page are from August 12th and 13th.

It's a 9 hole course in Kansas that 4 members have marked as played. 2 nice reviews by two gold reviewers.

But is this more useful than a top rated courses section? Go to the main page if anyone missed this unique, but useless feature. It's been right there this whole time. You probably missed it because, you know, why do I need some tips on a hole for a random 9er that's 9 hours away from me. :sneaky:

How often are the Top Course Baggers updated?

As I remember, the Course Baggers section was updated automatically as you played them and marked them as played … now it seems like they do not get updated very quickly …. The played courses ARE showing up on my list of courses played, they ARE being removed from MY wish list but the baggers "area" is not getting updates.

I hate to whine, but this bugs me …

langerr - 379 out of 379 courses played in Minnesota!

Last edited:
Regarding my mobile issues...
When I open the DGCR app and press the Community link it momentarily goes to the Reptilian thread, then goes to the Forum list.
The Login/Register links are mashed over each other. Got to be careful to get the Login link.
When I click on login to enter my username and password, the little switch to "stay logged in" is barely visible.
Then I am asked to Allow access to your location...
Then I am asked to enable push notifications...

This has been going on for about five days now,
starting to get really old...

Oh, and I have tried with one and two fingers...:)

Regarding my mobile issues...
When I open the DGCR app and press the Community link it momentarily goes to the Reptilian thread, then goes to the Forum list.
The Login/Register links are mashed over each other. Got to be careful to get the Login link.
When I click on login to enter my username and password, the little switch to "stay logged in" is barely visible.
Then I am asked to Allow access to your location...
Then I am asked to enable push notifications...

This has been going on for about five days now,
starting to get really old...

Oh, and I have tried with one and two fingers...:)
That's ok. When I open my mobile lately (Android), it has erased all my rounds and stats. Also, for course lookup it only shows courses outside of 15 miles from location and only select ones at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts